We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June.

brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in June.

We are visiting St Ives in June. i am just about to book but have the option of the 8th June or the 22nd June. Me being my undecided self can't decide which week. Is St Ives busier at the end of June, or does it not really make any difference and does anyone know, I know it's never for sure, but what the weather is like. Better at the beginning or the end of June? Thanks

Cornwall
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather in June.

Obviously weather prediction is not possible, but I personally would go with the later week...

St Ives is one of those quirky places that whatever the weather, the light and the views just take on a different glory - unless you're set on a bucket and spade holiday you will definitely not be disappointed by everything to do and see there, even in the rain.

In fact, I 'd hope for one stormy evening at least - it's magical :-)

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather in June.

Hi there..!

Which did you end up booking?!

I was in a similar predicament and we booked for the 9-16th June... Weather so bad in Ireland at the moment, about 8 -11 degrees and raining and windy... Cornwall looks to be on a par with it. Looks like we'll be packing plenty of rain gear!

;(

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather in June.

Yes,thats pretty much how its been this week. Still plenty of time til 9th June, so hopefully a big improvement by then. There was a good covering of snow on Dartmoor yesterday which is quite unusual for May,though not unknown.

brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather in June.

Hi,

Well there is a change of plan all together after all that hard work and worry my Dad now wants to go to Singapore later in the year, which will be great. . . still fancy Cornwall though.

Hope you have a great time whatever the weather, just best to make it all part of the holiday.

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather in June.

Ah that's a pity, you'll love Singapore though, I was there as a backpacker a few years ago, really enjoyed it. Yeah really looking forward to Cornwall now, I booked a cottage between Truro and Penryn so hopefully it will be a good base to explore with lots of options if the weather doesn't behave!! On the plus side it was a balmy 14 degrees here in Ireland today so maybe the summer is starting..!!!

Enjoy Singapore if you go ;)

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather in June.

So...

Is it actually possible that I will be leaving Ireland on Sunday with its 23 degrees of sunshine to head to 16 degrees in Falmouth?! Is it really that temperature there or does it feel warmer?! Anyways not much I can do about it now!!! But I suppose I want to know, is it shorts and tshirt weather there yet or do I need to pack more sweatshirts?!...

Cornwall
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Weather in June.

You should've been here this past week it's been glorious! Today has gone overcast, but I'm still in flip flops (with jeans mind) but I'm hopeful the weather will pick back up!

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Weather in June.

Thanks Katie!

Ok that I can handle since the temperatures have looked quite a bit lower than they were here! I can recommend a trip to Ireland this week, nicest weather we've had in a LONG time. Even nice enough to lie out on the beach which doesn't happen too often as its always so windy on the west coast! Better enjoy it while I can and will try to bring some if it with me on Sunday ;)

Cornwall
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Weather in June.

Update - the sun's just broken through! :-D

It is generally warm, it's just when you're exposed to the wind you could do with one of those windbreaker jackets...

20. Re: Weather in June.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 07, 2014