We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

left luggage facility St Ives other than tourist info centre

Which St Ives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
left luggage facility St Ives other than tourist info centre

does anyone know of a left luggage facility in st ives itself other than the tourist information centre? they have their own but the prices are £3 per item + £1 per hour per item after that! we feel this is way too expensive as there are 5 adults, all with own luggage arriving in the morning having got the sleeper from london. we have self catering accomodation that we cannot get into until 3pm. many thanks for any info.

west sussex
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: left luggage facility St Ives other than tourist info centre

update - i had my holiday in st ives and had a lovely time. we asked on the sleeper if we could stay on until reaching penzance which was no problem and left our luggage at the longboat inn just around the corner from the station in penzance. all five of us left our luggage for £2 each for the entire day and we went off to lands end on the open top bus (the rail station is next to the bus station)

when i enquired of left luggage at the tourist info centre in st ives i was not told that the price was open to negotiation for bulk luggage and i did tell them it was for 5 people who each had luggage. if i had i may well have left it there.

supporting your local tourist information centre is admirable as they do such a good job, but to make it so expensive for some people to use is surely not the way to encourage visitors to this beautiful town.

St Ives, United...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: left luggage facility St Ives other than tourist info centre

The latest price for left luggage at St Ives Visitor Information Centre (AKA Tourist Information Centre) is:

£2 per bag for the entire day, we do ask customers to pick up the luggage 30 minutes before the end of the business day.

13. Re: left luggage facility St Ives other than tourist info centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2014