We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report from t'other week

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report from t'other week

Gwon, I thought, you've never put one on here. Well, here are a few thoughts.

- The perfect place to spend Thursday lunch is on the terrace of the Godolphin Arms at Marazion, waiting for the tide to go out so that you can cross the causeway. Consumed a half and another half and scampi and chips (very traditional). Being impatient I started crossing the causeway before it was clear and not wanting to get wet feet I had to hang about a bit for the sea. Used the time to look for sea anemones.

- If there is a more perfect restaurant in the Uk than St Andrews Street Bistro, I have yet to find it. Ate there twice and took advantage of the BYO. Did wonder where I would BMO from but remembered the Coop and got a surprisingly nice bottle of Fitou for a fiver.

- Walked the coastal path from St Ives to Lelant and isn't it lovely? have never done that before but will do it again. Got very lobster coloured on the Kidney dunes.

Mentioned in this post
Marazion
Marazion
Cornwall, UK
Lelant
Lelant
St Ives, UK
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,603 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report from t'other week

you seem to have had a good time, Marazion's one of my favourite places in the west of the county, just can't beat that view over Mount's Bay.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report from t'other week

Glad you had such a good time. The walk from St Ives to Lelant is fantastic. Funnily enough, I was there for two weeks and arrived back on Saturday so we might have both been there at the same time. I will post up my trip report just as soon as I get chance.

Marazion is fantastic and, up until the beginning of July, my friend ran The Goldolphin Arms but has now left. She might have still been in situ whilst you were there. You get a great view from there and the food is good - assuming they have kept the same chef. Had some lovely food there and I am not just saying that because my friend ran the place.

I have walked across the causeway many times when the tide has been out and when the tide has been in but enough to "paddle" across. I was staying in Marazion then so it didn't matter that I got my sandals all soggy! It's great to get the boat back too when the tide is properly in even though it is only a short way back.

I've not been to St Andrews Street Bistro yet but had a look on the way past. Just didn't get time. I mainly go out for lunch rather than dinner you see.

Suzi

Mentioned in this post
Lelant
Lelant
St Ives, UK
Marazion
Marazion
Cornwall, UK
NC
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report from t'other week

What town is St Andrew's St Bistro in?

UK
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report from t'other week

St Ives. That is St Ives, Cornwall rather than the St Ives in what used to be Huntingdonshire.

was very sorry to see by the way that l'Atelier is no more, it is now a sweetshop.

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report from t'other week

Hi Chantal

I noticed that l'atelier had gone too, such a shame, The Harbour Deli has gone too. Some good things just don't seem to last that long, one season there and the next season gone. I know how much you liked that shop too.

Hopefully something equally cool will open instead. Calico is pretty good but there are some expensive things in there and some of them are vary garish too.

Suzi

6. Re: Trip report from t'other week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 08, 2011