We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St ives Bay Holiday Park?

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Being on a bit of a budget this year I'm thinking of booking a week in one of the chalets at St Ives Bay holiday park for my partner and I, as it is a bit cheaper than some of the other self catering properties I've seen. Can anyone who has been there recommend it? Are the chalets ok? It looks quite a huge park, are the chalets situated far from the beach, how long does it take to walk to the beach from the chalets?

Also does it have easy access in to main St Ives town/harbour? Is it walkable distance or if not how long to drive?

Thanks so much for any replies.

:)

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

The Holiday Park is quite a bit out of St Ives. It is not really St Ives more Hayle. That is not so say it is not nice. It is alright. You are very close to some good beaches. Hayle itself has various small supermarkets Coop etc so you can get your main groceries when you are down there as you are self -catering

You will not be walking into St Ives , it is a car ride although there is a railway that runs into St Ives along the coast.

St Ives itself is beautiful. Very hilly & parking is not good.

Where you are staying is a great location for apart from going into St Ives, going to Portreath or Porthtowan, further up the coast. But is very central for getting to other parts of that area.

Edited: 1:13 pm, June 05, 2010
Oxford
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

agree with the last comment, only thing is I believe the holiday parks offer a regular bus service into st ives, which makes it so much more accessible - it drops off and picks up at the library which is ideal. you would just need to double check with your holiday park to make sure they do put it on as I'm not 100% which parks provide it .....

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Thank you for your replies. Can I ask how long (in time) the drive into St Ives town is? Thank you.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Hi

Its about a 15 min drive into St Ives centre from there.

St Ives
Level Contributor
385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

15 minutes, 20 at the maximum, assuming normal traffic.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Great minds think alike, posted at exactly the same time! : )

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Thank you.

St Ives
Level Contributor
385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

Hi Badcat

Yes, I was pleased with your reply as mine was a top-of-the head estimate !

Ipswich, Suffolk
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

We stayed here for a week in May, in one of the Forest Gold chalets and it was absolutely fine for us, we used the chalet as a base, and spent the days out travelling etc.

I particularly enjoyed using the park and ride train down to St Ives, it made a nice change and the views from the train were great.

Am sure you'll have a good time.

10. Re: St ives Bay Holiday Park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2010