We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

I am coming to stay at Hayle in August, and would like to visit St Ives. I have used the Park and Ride at Lelant before and found it very useful, but could someone tell me the price at the moment. There will be a car and 4 persons.

Thanks Paul

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

At the moment, parking for Lelant Park & Ride is £2.20 for all day. See link:-

www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=19493

Hope this helps.

Oxford
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

you'll need to buy train tickets too --- check out the national rail page for latest prices, but cheaper to buy a family ticket - .. family ticket from carbis bay to st ives costs £4, got a feeling its £8 from lelant (for an all day ticket)

St Ives
Level Contributor
385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

It's £4 per person return from Lelant - St Ives, but Quiff is spot on in that if there are 4 in the car the train tickets are half price so in this case the fare will be 4 x £2 + £2.20 parking = £10.20

Which raises the question of how much train tickets cost for the 5th ,6th and 7th persons in a people carrier. One would hope that they too are half price otherwise we could have the ludicrous situation of train fares for 2 lots of 4 people (£16) being cheaper than 7 in a single group.

I'll be going past Lelant in the next week so I'll try and check this out.

Edited: 12:01 pm, April 08, 2010
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

Thanks all for the info. £10.20 doesn't seem to bad for having to park out of the town, and for the ride in. Will have to make a full day at the beach and shops when we visit, which I dont think will be too hard.

Thanks Again

Paul

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

If you haven't done this train ride before, make sure you sit on the right hand side of the train from Lelant to St Ives so you get the spectacular view.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

I have done the trip before, but that was 10 years ago.

Thanks for the tip.

Paul

7. Re: Parking at Lelant Park and Ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 07, 2010