We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering recommendation

Which St Ives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fareham
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
self catering recommendation

I am planning to go to st Ives or nearby in April for a week with my husband and 2 kids (11 and 13) Can anybody recommend a good self catering place quite cheap. Must have parking,linen provided, a bath and not cramped and not up a steep hill !Under £500. Never been to Cornwall .

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering recommendation

I think you're going to have to up your budget for what you want.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering recommendation

I think you are going to struggle to find accommodation in St Ives with parking that is not up a steep hill. All the accommodation that is more on the flat does not have parking, well, not in the budget you are requesting anyway.

St Ives
Level Contributor
383 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering recommendation

I agree wih the others that it will be very difficult to do it for £500 but if you can stretch to £576 then St Eia Cottage in The Warren http://www.stives-cottage.com/ seems to meet all your requirements if you can be flexible when you are coming in April.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering recommendation

This is the nearest thing I can find but I can't comment on how hilly the location is so you will need to speak to the holiday company:-

aspects-holidays.co.uk/propertydetails.asp…

Out of all the locations I have looked at, they either don't have a bath or are pokey or are up a massive hill. I think this location is going to be a gentle elevation personally because of where it is but you will need to check. It has bed linen but not towels and comes in on budget and is available. Looks good to me. If it doesn't suit I think you are going to struggle because I have looked at loads of places and they all don't have something you have asked for.

Hope this helps.

Suzi

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering recommendation

I can find loads of places that are overbudget. I did look at that one too PastyMan but thought it was too much over the stated budget. Hard ask list really isn't it? It's a great place that one, really nice.

Blackpool
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering recommendation

Try this...but be quick..Im sure someone will snap it up!

cornishrivieraholidays.co.uk/stives-12.html

St Ives, Cornwall
Level Contributor
109 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering recommendation

You could try Lyonesse Seven:

http://www.lyonesse-stives.co.uk/

It is £600 pw in April though - but a beautiful apartment with three bedrooms and parking.

It is also up the hill - but as others have commented you might struggle a bit to find anywhere for the price you want in the centre of town and with parking.

It may not suit you - but coming here in March would be a bit cheaper.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: self catering recommendation

I agree that they are lovely apartments Steve. Up the hill though and above budget but well worth it. You get used to the hills. I'm an asthmatic and boy have I been up and down some hills there but well worth it. The higher up you get the better the views.

Suzi

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: self catering recommendation

everything that has been recommended has been lovely, but all are either above the OPs budget, or do not meet all her requirements. I think people sometimes have quite unrealistic expectations when they come to Cornwall. You can get some beautiful accommodation, but at a price, and as Cornwall is a hilly county, most things are up a hill!! There is also the parking issues with a lot of cheaper accommodation, as parking is at a premium, this is probably the thing that will be missing in most low budget accommodation.

Can you come back to us queen, and let us know what you think of what has been offered, and let us know if you are prepared either to up your budget or change your requirements?

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: self catering recommendation

I totally agree with you Annabelle. The only thing that didn't seem to be quite right with the place I found was it's elevated position but, as I said, taking into account the hilly nature of St Ives, I think the property will be more a gentle slope than a big hill. I think it meets all the other criteria though. The other places suggested meet everything bar one thing too. I think that is the thing isn't it? Compromise. I have always found that it is worth upping the budget a bit to get something that little bit better. Self catering accommodation as a whole, UK wide is not cheap but, if you think of all the hard work involved and cost involved, it is no wonder.

As Annabelle said, please let us know what you think of the suggested accommodation, we will always try and help further if we can but I do think some slight flexibility is necessary here and I think that is going to be with a slightly increased budget and the "hilly" bit.

Suzi

Get answers to your questions about St Ives