We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st ives holiday village

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
st ives holiday village

can anybody change my mind.... booked a hol with john fowler 1st aug to st ives hol village. didnt read reviews til now and it has put me off!!!!! any1 been that can put my mind at rest cos really dont want to go now!! paid 660 4 it and can not cancel.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st ives holiday village

Oh no, you were looking forward to your break now you're dreading it! I have no experience of this holiday village, so can't comment, but I notice the reviews are mixed, with some very positive ones recently. As you can't cancel, why not just go with a positive attitude, and if it is horrible, then by all means complain, see if you can get things improved, but remember, you are in a beautiful part of the country, you don't need to be on site any longer than to sleep really, you can explore your surroundings, have some time on the beach, take some time to visit places of interest.

A holiday a lot of the time s what you make it, if you make the best of things, then it's got to be better than being grumpy cos things aren't right.

Am sure you'll have a brilliant time, fingers crossed for the weather for you!!

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st ives holiday village

yeh thats what i was thinking.... but dont wanna travel 430 miles and have a really rubbish hol!!! i have been to cornwall b4 and really enjoyed it... it is a lovely place!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st ives holiday village

We have also booked to go here at the end of september and are quite worried about the reviews so if you could tell us how you got on that would be great.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st ives holiday village

we didnt go i canncelled a wk b4 we was due to go. i wasnt going to risk it... we paid 660 pound 4 the holiday. i phoned john fowler and explained everything that i read and heard, to be honest they was really good they gave me a full refund .we ended up going to vauxhall park at great yarmouth instead and had a really fantastic holiday. so plzed i cancelled the st ives holiday village!!!

5. Re: st ives holiday village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 16, 2010