We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Ives Nightlife??

Which St Ives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St Ives Nightlife??

Hi All

Me and 2 of my Girl Mates are looking to stay somewhere on a Saturday night August time, i have no doubt there are things to do during the day over the weekend but do any of you have any info on the nightlife?? Are there a few or a lot of Bars/Clubs? Is the atmosphere on a Saturday night Party or laid back? Any info much apreciated

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Ives Nightlife??

Hi Chalai, Firstly may I say that you will be hard pushed to find accommodation for a Saturday night in August,if you havent already done so.

As far as I know there are no nightclubs in St.Ives. There are plenty of pubs & eating places.Some of the pubs do provide entertainment. Hopefully someone else will come back to you with a little info.

Good Luck & Enjoy your break.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Ives Nightlife??

I would describe the nightlife as poor. There is only one club, previously called the Isobar (I don't know what it is called now), at the foot of Tregenna Hill opposite the library and it is not open every night of the week.

There are a few places such as Sazbah or Hub which stay late at weekends also, but you will find that everywhere is fairly expensive.

The general atmosphere is pretty laid back, however, at weekends in the height of the summer, it can seem pretty rowdy at times. There has been an influx of Stag and Hen parties over the past few years during the tourist season which has spoilt St Ives at times.

Newquay is definately party town of Cornwall.

3. Re: St Ives Nightlife??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 am, December 23, 2009