We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cosy cottage st ives

yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
cosy cottage st ives

A warning ; have stayed in several holiday cottages in st ives over years ,had great experience.... until we rented cosy cottage, near porthmoer beach,the people who own it kept our deposit, and ripped us of f, dread full ..avoid this cottage at all costs.

UK
Level Contributor
98 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cosy cottage st ives

What justification did they give for keeping the deposit?

st.ives
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cosy cottage st ives

This family were the only ones in 2 years to have broken things in the cottage. A lamp , vacuum cleaner and oven knob . The deposit is as states for any damage done and 75 pounds in no way covered what was broken. In 2 years the only time and the only family we would not have back!!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cosy cottage st ives

I notice you have taken 11 months to respond to this, perhaps it would have been better to let this old thread lie burried where it was?

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cosy cottage st ives

I see you have just joined but I have to agree with Annabelle in saying that you might have been better just to leave this where it was because it was unlikely to be seen there. You have a business and the person that stayed with you doesn't so, really, you are the one with something to lose and you have just brought this up again. Perhaps best to let this one go. I stay in a lot of self catering accommodation and try to not damage anything, however, accidents do happen and I have broken a few plates and a chopping board of all things. There have been a number of things already broken in accommodation that, obviously, were broken before we arrived. I would hate to find myself in circumstances where a damage deposit is withheld because of something that got broken by the previous occupants. It is often easy to see what is broken but other times it isn't. In particular, we stayed at one place where the TV was broken but this wasn't apparent until we tried to turn it on.

I am sure you have had lots of happy guests since and ones that haven't caused you bother either. Let's hope it continues :-)

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cosy cottage st ives

What an own goal this is!! I'm amazed!! Now eveyone will be reading this again.

Oxford
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cosy cottage st ives

And if people keep on commenting, it will stay at the top of the posts, what a shame.

7. Re: cosy cottage st ives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, February 23, 2010