We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably Priced Accomodation

Which St Ives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
4 posts
Save Topic
Reasonably Priced Accomodation

Am hoping to go to St Ives over Easter break.

Used to go every summer for years as a child and want to take husband and son back there to see it all plus to scatter my dads ashes there (he wanted to retire there)

Have a limited budget and am struggling to find somewhere to stay. I know many B&B's are the usual rates and Easter is peak season but does anyone have any suggestions of any where that is good value for money or perhaps has special offers on (nearly fell for the cheap John Fowler Holiday park until I read the Holiday Watchdog reviews!)

As its quite a way for us to drive (about 5 hours) wanted to be able to stay more then 2 days but the budget isnt lookign good...

All suggestions much appreciated

many thanks

Hazel

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably Priced Accomodation

Don't know what the rates will be but I'd recommend the Regents Hotel.

It's the one next to the Bus/Coach turn around next to the Railway Car Park entrance if you know where I mean.

I stayed with Wife and MIL and it's a touch chintzy old school type hotel but the couple that run it were lovely. All clean and bright and cosy.

Super Breakfast!!! First and last time I ever had a kipper!

We had a room at the top with nice outlook over the harbour.

And the lounge area has a terrific picture window view of the town and harbour aswell.

Think we paid £35 for a Friday night though this was a normal April rate.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably Priced Accomodation

Hi Hazel, ive just a few nights at booked ocean rooms and its on the harbour front £38 pppn b&b amazing views, web address is ocean-rooms.co.uk

hope this helps

regards julie

3. Re: Reasonably Priced Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St Ives