We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

Portsmouth, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

Hi,

I am coming to Port Isaac in October, and in Doc Martin, there has been a hill featured, that looks over the harbour. It was in it once before Louisa getting married, then her friend joined her and had her baby up there, and another time when a man collapsed during the fun run.

I cannot seem to find where this is, I thought it might be at the top of Roscarrock Hill and along the coastal path but not sure. Can anyone help.

Also if you have any nice walks or ideas for Port Isaac for that time of year I would love to hear from you

Thanks

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
827 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

It looks to me like the headland where the Headlands Hotel is located. However, we haven't been there since 2005, so maybe those who live in that area can be more definite.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

I think it's much more likely to be the cliffs at the top of Roscarrock Hill as that area has been used many, many times in the series. It's the best place I can think of which has good views over the harbour and village.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

It's most definitely the headland opposite the 'main' part of the village - I've walked up there and saw the bench that Louisa and her pregnant 'bestie' sat on (when the girlfriend went into labour). The views are wonderful and my sister walked a bit further on and sat there on the grass for a couple of hours, watching the world go by and eating our sandwiches for lunch :-) It was late October a few years ago, beautifully warm and we both got a bit sunburned (but we both have very fair skin and I'm a redhead, so burn easily). There must be a road along the other side somewhere, because the ambulance that took Louisa's friend away had to get there somehow and from what I've seen there's no vehicular access from the end of the road (Hathaway's Guest House is there and I don't think you can drive any further than that).

4. Re: Hill in Doc Martin looking over Port Isaac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 05, 2014