We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doc Martin filming

Gloucester
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Doc Martin filming

My freind came back from Port Isaac today and was lucky enough to see Doc Martin being filmed. Does anyone know the dates that they are filming and where as we go to Port Isaac a lot every year but always seem to miss the filming

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
126 replies to this topic
Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doc Martin filming

Hi

They are in the area until July, and filming is generally done in the village on dry/sunny days. Unless you get inside info its a bit hit and miss.

During the last series we went over on 3 days and saw filming on one of the days. I know they don't genearlly film in bad weather so avoid those days.

Gloucester
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doc Martin filming

When we were there a couple of years ago there were notices posted on some lamp posts by the film company saying what days they were filmiing and where apologising for the inconvienience it caused. We were only down the road but missed it and the next day they filmed we were back at work so I was hoping to plan time off this time.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doc Martin filming

We could do with a Port Isaac resident on here to keep us up to date!!

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doc Martin filming

A PI resident would be brilliant!! We were there the week before last and managed to see 4 days of filming - getting very close to Martin Clunes as well!!!!! ;-)

I understand they use indoor areas around there if the weather isn't great, but if they are in the village for filming , you can't really miss them!!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doc Martin filming

They have indoor studio areas nearby which i believe is used as you say when the weather isn't so good. At the moment the weather has been so good, i imagine they are making the most of it and cracking on with the outdoor filming.

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Doc Martin filming

Are most of the hotels booked during filiming season? I fell in love with Port Isaac since first watching Doc Martin (only this year). I have since purchased all 4 series (DVD).. How lucky the locals are for living in such a HEAVENLY place. Would love to come visit from Canada!!! Thank you..Nadia

Edited: 5:15 pm, April 25, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doc Martin filming

Nadia, Port Isaac is indeed 'heavenly' - it's every bit as beautiful as it looks on Doc Martin and the people are lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Wadebridge, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doc Martin filming

Port Isaac is also famous for their 'Fishermans Friends' group. They raced up the charts last year with their sea shanty music. They play to the public every Friday on the slipway during the summer season - great atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
north hampshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doc Martin filming

I was there a couple of days ago and no filming :( but I did see Joe Absalom twice! :) beautiful place will definitely go back..

North Cornwall
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Doc Martin filming

visit http://www.northcornwall.org/doc-martin.htm for latest info

Reply to: Doc Martin filming
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted