We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

Hi everyone

We want to rent a small cottage for 2 people in Polperro but our dates fall within the Music Festival in June 2014. Just how lively or busy will the village be by day or night during this period?

Will it be overrun with tourists (such as ourselves!!) or only marginally busier than usual?

We had envisaged enjoying a relaxing time in a small coastal village, going to the pub for lunch, doing a few walks etc . We realise that it is a tourist place, but selfishly don't want the experience spoilt by too many people and too many events changing the day to day . I have tried to rearrange the dates but we are locked in from 14-21June. I have also looked elsewhere, but really don't know where else would be good.

Now I am totally on cottage and location overload!! We have been to Devon and Cornwall once on a flying visit, so really have no idea where is nice and maps, google and youtube can only do so much.

Appreciate any comments....Thanks Glennie

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

Hi there

I regularly visit Polperro for the festval and throughout the year. The village will be busier than usual during the festival but not horribly so. There's a finite number of B & Bs, holiday lets and cottages available and most of those would ordinarily be booked in June anyway, it's just that the music fans snap them up early. The music is very low key, everything from the Fisherman's Choir on the quayside to acoustic music in some of the pubs, You certainly won't find howling guitars and thrashing drums or groups of drunken kids, it's very much an adult orientated festival and is regarded as a great showcase for the village.

I would stick with your existing plans, you'll find people friendly and relaxed and just looking forward to having a great time in this beautiful village.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

My pleasure, don't mention it.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

^^^ I see what you did there GB ;-)

Annoying isn't it !!

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

Hi

Apologies for not replying to you.

I took your advice and booked during the festival as it does sound low key. Looking forward to experiencing the village now as it does appear very quaint..

5. Re: Help.....How busy is Polperro during the June Festival ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Polperro