We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Park Charges

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car Park Charges

We have just visited Polperro (Thusday 5th April 2012), There is only one car park and the fees used to be reasonable. The minimum car park charge is now £4 for 3 hours. Nothing cheaper! Is this just for the Easter holidays and what do you find to do in Polperro for 3 hours?

312 replies to this topic
cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Car Park Charges

Thanks Manzanilla, that's very much appreciated. Hope the weather stays nice : ) Thanks for the advice Chris M. Already booked the Fisherman's House which is next door to the Blue Peter Pub on the harbour edge so no parking. The owner of the Fisherman's House has included a free pass for the car park for the week but we'll have 2 cars in our party of 4. Can't wait for our first visit next week!

cheshire,uk
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Car Park Charges

If I go for a walk later, weather permitting I will go up to the car park and have a look at the prices. Don't know about the shuttle buses but will ask around for any info.

As at today 25 Feb 13 the Pay & Display board gives the following charges. £4.00 All Day, Up to 6 hours £5.50. Up to 24 hours £8.50. Coaches £7.50.

However, the ALL DAY is on a detachable piece of wood which I suspect will be removed nearer to Easter revealing the number of hours you get for your £4.00.

Dont know about the shuttle buses yet.

cardiff
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Car Park Charges

Thanks for checking this out for me Manzanilla. That's very helpful.

Polperro, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Car Park Charges

The car park remains at £4 all day at the moment as it has been all winter. A lot of the businesses in polperro have also started to offer a discount via a card scheme to help offset the charges and some really good deals are available just ask at the post office about it :)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Car Park Charges

I always stay at the Claremont, it's a bit in need of some TLC but it's spotlessly clean and Carina who runs it is delightful, nothing's too much trouble for her. The free car park there is a real bonus, especially as it's right opposite the hotel. If it's full though, it can be a bit of a squeeze, especially if you have a large car.

4 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Car Park Charges

Hi all,

I feel so annoyed about the over priced car park charges today i just had to vent! As it is Mothering Sunday today i had the choice of where to go. Decided on Polperro, love the place. But £4 for late Sunday afternoon. Nothing open & off season. Its a terrible price. Plus a bit of a run in with the miserable owner. (Its a long story! Lol) I'm afraid to say we won't be returning. People struggle to stretch their wages to the end of the month as it is. I feel its shockingly overpriced & i hope the owners come to realise they aren't doing the villiage any favours at all.

4 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Car Park Charges

Hi all,

I feel so annoyed about the over priced car park charges today i just had to vent! As it is Mothering Sunday today i had the choice of where to go. Decided on Polperro, love the place. But £4 for late Sunday afternoon. Nothing open & off season. Its a terrible price. Plus a bit of a run in with the miserable owner. (Its a long story! Lol) I'm afraid to say we won't be returning. People struggle to stretch their wages to the end of the month as it is. I feel its shockingly overpriced & i hope the owners come to realise they aren't doing the villiage any favours at all.

4 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Car Park Charges

Hi all,

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Car Park Charges

you must have been very annoyed indeed to post three times!

Sorry,couldn't resist that one. But I agree with you, for local people looking for an afternoon out, it is outrageous and will surely put people off visiting.

cheshire,uk
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Car Park Charges

If I go for a walk later, weather permitting I will go up to the car park and have a look at the prices. Don't know about the shuttle buses but will ask around for any info.

As at today 25 Feb 13 the Pay & Display board gives the following charges. £4.00 All Day, Up to 6 hours £5.50. Up to 24 hours £8.50. Coaches £7.50.

However, the ALL DAY is on a detachable piece of wood which I suspect will be removed nearer to Easter revealing the number of hours you get for your £4.00.

Dont know about the shuttle buses yet.

Just arrived in Polperro and as predicted the parking charge is now for 3 hours and not all day.

Reply to: Car Park Charges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polperro