We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Polperro

Cowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
192 reviews
New Year in Polperro

My wife and me are visiting Polperro over the New Year for three nights. Checked out the various establishments websites and FB pages (we have been before though in Summer) to see whats going on on New Years Eve but wondered if any local knowledge for recommendations.

Good beer, lively atmosphere and live music is the brief.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Looe, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
724 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: New Year in Polperro

To be honest, for what you are looking for I would go a few minutes up the road to Looe. Its always lively and if you want to go into a pub or restaurant you need to start booking tickets now. they have fancy dress and people walk around the streets dressed up and its generally a great atmosphere. they have by far and away the biggest fireworks display off of the quay at midnight and the next morning on new years day there is the sea dip in aid of RNLI again in fancy dress.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
114 reviews
2. Re: New Year in Polperro

Polperro on NYE is just a full on party village. Fancy dress, all the pubs are open, plenty of live music. You'll end up pub-crawling and just picking the places that have the right feel at the time; there is no need to plan, if you like somewhere, stay otherwise move on.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
138 reviews
3. Re: New Year in Polperro

If you like a fun party atmosphere you'll love Polperro on NYE. The majority of people will be in fancy dress and there is no charge for entry into the pubs. Everywhere will be busy and you'll have a good time. Should you want to eat in the evening you'll have to book somewhere in advance. If you're staying in Polperro during your break my advice contrary to a previous post is don't even think about Looe ... Primarily due to the fact that a taxi will cost you a small fortune as it'll be double rate ....

Maidstone, United...
1 post
4. Re: New Year in Polperro

New year in Polperro

Don't bother going !!!!!

Why would you want to bother going to Polperro in the winter, 90% of shops , café's and pubs are closed, parking charges at summer rates, min £4.50 for 3 hours, (it cost us £5 because of ( "NO change machines)

Go to Padstow, Parking £1 half day £2 all day, every shop open or Looe free parking on west sea front road and all shops open

will not go back to Polperro

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
5. Re: New Year in Polperro

https://youtu.be/K8qL9l8O3yo

Northamptonshire...
Destination Expert
for Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cotswolds
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
1,602 reviews
6. Re: New Year in Polperro

An excellent link Gee005.....that looked like fun!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
390 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: New Year in Polperro

raymondo, the OP is staying in the village so wont be paying £4.50 for parking. Most of the cottages provide free parking in the car park.

All the pubs are open throughout winter. Over Christmas and New Year, many restaurants are open too.

The bakery, the post office and both of the food shops are open every day in winter.

I love it in the winter, roaring log fires in the pubs, gorgeous food and the village is quiet and peaceful.

Polperro has lots of Christmas lights in the streets, it is so charming.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: New Year in Polperro

OP was visiting last new year so has been and gone.

Reply to: New Year in Polperro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted