We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

land's end best places??

romford
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
land's end best places??

Heloo,does anyone know best places around Penzance,just booked 2 nights What must to see in land's end.??????thank u

burton on trent
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: land's end best places??

Hi the area around lands end is beautiful, sennen cove is beautiful in whitesands bay. mousehole is a pretty hillside village. Penzance has a few nice shops, fishing and check out what is being performed at the minack open air theatre whilst your there. As for lands end its self i would give it a miss. It is about 3 years since i was last there but in my opinion they have spoilt a beautiful scenic area by putting a tasteless over priced theme park there. But it still draws crowds so i guess someone must like it. It is very pretty around there so you will have a super time. sally

romford
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: land's end best places??

Thank you ,Salli ,very helpful info can i ask you,

do you mean that Land's end is a theme park not a beautiful nature as I saw a photo with cliffs???

and something else is it posible to swim at that beeches

thank you

burton on trent
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: land's end best places??

land's end is a themed attraction which you have to pay to get in. There are animated charactures that tell recorded tales about ship wrecks and pirate smugglers, you are herded round like sheep. Maybe i'm bias but i much prefered it when it was just beautiful walks cliffs and the sign post telling distances to america etc. not my scene , you may have guessed. but sennen cove just around the peninsular has walks view aplenty. But don't go if it's foggy. Understand they have sharks around there at moment. i'm heading for cornwall today so will post on my return. sally

romford
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: land's end best places??

thank u again we are off on friday 11/08

andreana

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: land's end best places??

The themed areas are a small part of it now.

You can go and just pay for the car park and do your own walk - you don't have to go in the side shows.

The signpost is still there and you can pay to have your hometown put on or take your own picture without.

Get a map and head to a nearby village north or south of the Lands End do a cliff walk. The cliffs are still there and will be for sometime I expect ;-)

romford
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: land's end best places??

ooo,thats sounds beter, thank u very much for your advise.

Is it long walk to sennen cove ( and is that the nicest beach around)

One more question is it posible to get tickets for Minack theatre ,because on the website everithing is sold out for august.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: land's end best places??

I believe that would be a great walk.

Check this site.

www.go4awalk.com/thpaco/0080par/co115pa.pdf

Looks like a good site generally. Though I'm suprised by the walk profile - I would have thought it'd be a bit more 'up and down' that that suggests.

Sennen is a great beach - has good surf so check conditions if you have very little ones!

A little more sheltered and walkable from Penzance is Marazion though it can get breezy there.

If you're mobile then try the north coast past Hayle to Gwithian. Don;t forget your kite :-)

8. Re: land's end best places??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Penzance