We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

Which Penzance hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

Hi,

For cornish pasteries I will go to Lavender as that is the name that first pops up.

I had a few questions regarding restaraunts/eating places.

- Which has the good outdoor views?

- Which serves fresh sea food at reasonable prices?

Please note I am not looking for only sea food restaraunts with out door seating:

Many thanks in advance.

penzance
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

Hi,pellows also do nice pastries,they can be found on market Jew street,restaurant wise the old lifeboat house is situated right on the prom so u will have fantastic views from there also there is the bay restaurant,I havnt eaten in either so can't comment on the food but the bay is definitely a lot more expensive,hope this helps!

UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

@jojo33Penzance Cheers!

I have looked at the Bay and does look on the expensive side. Maybe pop in for some tea for the views. Old Lifeboat house seems interesting. Didnt have a website so couldnt see menus.

Are there any supermarkets in the centre of penzance??

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

There is a small Co-op and Tesco Express in the town centre, plus a big Tesco on the edge of town and a Morrisons a mile or so further.

4. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, August 16, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
869 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

@Sandy1949 Great info. The Davy Tesco Express stays open untill late upto 11.00 pm on a Sunday which might come in handy

@Jessica W: I see you and many others have enjoyed the Bay Restaraunt. It is tempting me to go even for just a visit.

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

The Dolphin Inn which is a pub/inn very close to Penzance harbour and the Lido swimming pool does nice seafood at a reasonable price - we'll be eating there next Monday so I hope they're as good as ever, we've never had a poor meal there.

Or, for very good fish & chips try the Pirate's Rest (used to be the Captain's Table) in Daniel Place, just off the Promenade. They have a small restaurant but if the weather's good you can take them out and eat them sitting on the Promenade seats but BEWARE OF THE SEAGULLS!

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
935 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

The Bakehouse, in a courtyard off chapel Street was very good last time I went . Haven't eaten at the Tolcarne Inn, but I hear very good things about its fish.

penzance
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

Strange how Jessica w has decided her first ever forum post was about the bay restaurant....member of staff maybe??

The old lifeboat is a very new restaurant so maybe that's why there is no website yet.there is also another place called renaissance which has fantastic views of the harbour and mount,it's in the wharf side shopping centre,again never eaten there so can't comment on the food!

9. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 9:21 am, August 16, 2013
10. Re: Restaraunts/Eating Places: Penzance