We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Marazion B&B ?

Which Penzance hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Marazion B&B ?

Any suggestions for a one night stop here whilst walking the Coast Path - so must be near Path.

So far, ones I've checked are either too expensive, don't accept one-night bookings or described here as "Fawlty Towers" (Glenleigh).

Up-to-date reports of Glenleigh or others very welcome.

Thanks,

Ramblesider

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Hi there

Why not walk an extra couple of miles and look at the Camilla House B & B on the seafront at Penzance? Wonderfully comfortable and well-run family B & B, inexpensive and great views from the rooms that face the sea.

www.camillahouse.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Thanks GB for reply - and of course I'd considered walking on to Penzance, but I'm keen to walk over to St Michael's Mount first thing next morning, and would much prefer stopping with this close by the previous night.

Buses back from Penzance to Marazion next day could still make this possible, but just not so good.

Can the Glenleigh at Marazion be as bad as dwbull says on this Forum ?

Ramblesider

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

To be honest I have no idea if it can be that bad, but a couple of points to bear in mind.

His post was in 2008, so things could well have changed since then.

There was another post on the thread saying it was just fine. This was more recent, but still quite a while ago.

Some people do expect a lot from a B&B, remember it's not a hotel and you can't expect 5 star facilities (although sometimes it feels like you get them). You could always PM the second poster on the thread, see if they reply although it may be they don't use TA any more.

The other thing is, you're only going to be there one night and you're going to be tired from a day's walking. To my mind, I would only need it to be clean and quiet to be ok. And if you don't get enough breakfast, which is something the poster seems to be complaining about, then you can always buy yourself something on your travels to keep you going.

London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

AnnabelleCornwall you've summed it all up very well.

I'm being far too fussy for one night, and if its REALLY like 'Fawlty Towers', it could be the highlight of the trip !

Ramblesider

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Hi again amblesider

Have you checked the tide times for the morning when you intend walking across to the Mount? I don't think the little ferry boats start all that early ( assuming the tide is in of course) as the Mount doesn't open until 1030am.

London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

GBfromDevizes,

Wise thought, but I got there first.

Local Tourist Office promise its perfect for walking out and back just when we want.

Ramblesider

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

OK, good to hear.

Shrewsbury
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Hiya I think the best B & B is probably 'The Blue Horizon, i'm thinking of going to stay there myself, most of the rooms have seaviews looking out onto st micheals mount and it's reasonably priced.

http://www.bnbselect.com/bnb/31943

Shrewsbury
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Hello I'm thinking of going to Marazion and out of all the B&B's i've seen the blue horizon looks the best, most of the rooms have sea views and people have written some very good reviews about it.

http://www.bnbselect.com/bnb/31943

Edited: 10:08 am, March 30, 2010
London
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Marazion B&B ?

Maybe the Blue Horizon is good, but they won't do single-night bookings, so no good if you are walking the Coast Path.

Ramblesider