We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visitor review

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visitor review

I own the Blue Bay lodges,Newquay ,Cornwall .During the summer we had a difficult visitor who has posted a reveiw on your website which I responded to ,there has been no respose from your organiziation ,which I find difficult to understand as you advertising says'unbiased' this is obviously not true .We have had over 5000 visitors through our doors in the past three years ,yet one person opinion gets the top slot ,and no recognition of my response .Why should one person be able to rubbish our hard won reputation ,the RAC,ETC who are independant reveiw bodies disagree with the one disgruntled visitor ,or is your website just a soap box for the bitter and twisted ......

England
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visitor review

I don't know anything about your place in Newquay but I can understand if you run a business how upsetting this must be. I always think the first recourse if someone is unhappy is to complain to the manager of the hotel himself/herself. However, we can't blame TripAdvisor for reviews which are written by independent travellers. The contributors are all people who have visited places and stayed in hotels and give their opinions freely. As is usually the case, more people complain about bad experiences rather than give praise for those organisations or things that they have enjoyed. Perhaps other readers who have stayed with you will eventually be incited to back you up. All posts are displayed in date order - they are not advertisements....

2. Re: visitor review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 24, 2009