We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newquay in winter months

milton keynes
1 post
Save Topic
Newquay in winter months

Can anybody tell me what Newquay is like in the winter months, is it a ghost town? What is the night life like? Am I gonna be the only tent pitched up?

Devonport, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newquay in winter months

Hi, I was waiting to see if anyone else replied from Newquay who may be able to help more. Newquay will not be a ghost town but it is a summer resort. If you surf then you'll probably find a few people on Fistral beach. Will you be on your own? Pubs and clubs wont be in full swing, but a lot depends on when you are visiting as there may be other events happening which draw a crowd. Tent may not be the best option in winter.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newquay in winter months

Concur with the above.

Also when are you thinking of heading down?

You may be able to pick up pretty reasonable B&B deals which will mean warm bed and showers etc so yes you may well be the only tent on the block

Definitely quieter on the streets during the day aswell.

In terms of night life it will tend to be more restricted to Friday/Saturday nights rather than packed throughout the week.

Run up to Xmas will see increased activity and New Year is bedlam I would expect though not done that for a good few years.

West Country
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newquay in winter months

My partner couldn't beleive the first time he visited me during the Winter. He now loves Newquay better during that time though.

IMHO there's more of a local feel to the town in the Winter months.

However, because there are less tourists to go out during mid-week most of the pub/club action happens over the weekend.

I think one of the best things about Newquay during the Winter months is going out without there being loads of fights etc also you get better service in the clubs/pubs/restaurants and of course you also get the beaches to yourself, especially during termtime weekdays :)

HTH

PS Like Cornish Pastie says you may be better off getting a room in one of the B&Bs in town at least then you can just roll back in to bed after having a pint in town.

4. Re: Newquay in winter months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 24, 2009