We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
708 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Hi!

My husband and I are traveling to the Headland Hotel in Newquay from London in the second week of December. Is it better to drive or to take a train? (We would rather not fly.) I've been doing a lot of research but it's starting to get overwhelming. I looked up trains and it seems that there is not a direct train from London to Newquay in the winter and that the train ride would take around five hours. However, I do not know what side of London we will be departing from yet. I'm leaning towards taking the train but if driving in our own rental car is significantly faster, we might do that. Any suggestions? I kind of feel like driving will be more stressful since we are not familiar with driving in England. Also, I assume if we took a train, we could take a cab from the station to the Hotel. Does that sound reasonable?

Thank you in advance!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Thank you so much, Badcat!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!

Mawgan...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

hi, get off at Bodmin Parkway and taxi to Newquay save yourself best part of an hour

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Thanks for your advice. I really like having options so I very much appreciate your input. Thanks!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Hi JamesMakka. I'm really liking your suggestion about getting a taxi to Newquay. Does this sound reasonable to you: Leave London Paddington Station in the morning, arrive at Bodmin Parkway around noon and then take a taxi to the Headland Hotel in Newquay. I feel like it might be a little less stressful than changing trains, even if it is just on the other side of the platform, (I'm scared of the possibilty of the London train being late and throwing off a connection for a different train). If you had to guess, what would you say the taxi fare would be to get from the Bodmin Parkway station to the hotel?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

It will be around £30

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
708 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

Thanks, Annabelle! That sounds great

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

If you phone when you are leaving Liskeard, someone will be there at the station to meet you.

01208 72320

01208 73000

01208 75000

are the three numbers I can think of from the top of my head!

Ask them the price in case I am totally out of date, but it shouldn't be too far wrong

18. Re: Traveling from London to Headland Hotel in Newquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 14, 2014