We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
10 posts
Save Topic
Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

I booked a holiday a couple of months ago for myself, husband and our 18month old and our friends and their 2 children (ages 18 months and 2.5yrs) We are going next week, 10th Nov. At the time of booking I thought there would be loads for us to do with the kids . However today, trying to decide what to do and when, I have realised that all the attractions (apart from the Zoo and Aquarium) close on 31st Oct!!

Pls can someone suggest some other days out / kid friendly activites like soft play that wont cost the earth. We are staying in St Columb Major Thanks in advance.

At least they wont leave the booking of the holiday to me again next year - oooppppsss!!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Hi

You are right, a lot of attractions, particularly kiddie ones to finish at the end of Oct. Have a look at this site for ideas, though some will be closed by now.

http://www.cata.co.uk/

A good indoor/outdoor one for small kids is this link and its open all year. About 30 min drive from St Columb

http://www.kidzworldcornwall.co.uk/

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

You could always try the parent and child sessions at the ice rink at the Eden Project. They sound like fun!

edenproject.com/come-and-visit/whats-on/ice-…

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Hi London lady,

If you are anywhere near the Retallack Resort: I seem to remember from our short visit earlier in the year that some (?) of their facilities were open to none resort residents and they had some activities for toddlers there. Perhaps worth a call: 01637 882400.

Elfin

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Hi

Quite a lot of places are still open but just limited - for example the excellent Porthcurno telegraph museum is open Sundays and Mondays only, St Michael's Mount is open by guided tour on Tuesdays and Fridays (don't know your kids so don't know if it will appeal). Seal sanctuary at Gweek and Paradise Park near Hayle could be good. Or get them wetsuited up and in the sea!

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
929 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Sorry, just read ages of your kids (my browser doesn't let me see original post while responding)

Telegraph museum and Mount probably of limited interest to little ones!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Where are you staying in Newquay?

London
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Thanks guys, had a lovely time... Went 2 kids world which they totally loved! Got lucky with the weather and spent time building sandcastles and jumping the waves at watergate bay and went swimming at waterworld (by the zoo). Thanks again 4 all ur suggestions x

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

Glad you had a good time and got lucky with the weather.

Its always nice when someone reports back with something positive.

9. Re: Help - Family Holiday next week!?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 19, 2012