We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Hi going to the Beresford Hotel in a couple of weeks, and have been checking out car parks in the area which arnt cheap, can anyone tell me if there are any on street parking (free) in the area.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Nothing is free in Newquay in the Summer(or most of Cornwall for that matter) thanks to our wonderful Council.

Are you looking for somewhere near the Beresford Hotel to park overnight or elsewhere daytime?

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

If you dont mind a little bit of a walk, Chester Road area is a free parking area, St. Annes Road, Glemis Road.

It would be about a five minuet walk from your hotel

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chester+road+newquay&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GZAZ_en&redir_esc=&ei=qL45ToDdLMmXhQeb87X7AQ

Edited: 5:34 pm, August 03, 2011
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Hi thanks for the info lilly , will give them a go, dont mind a walk... We just want somewhere to park as and when needed, dont intend to use it much, the car I mean.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Your welcome, hope you have a great holiday. Please come back & let us know.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Does the hotel not provide parking then?

Parking in residential streets is not going to be popular with the residents whose house you park outside of for days on end.

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

BC, The Hotel has very limited parking. The roads I have suggested, most of the houses have their own drives, so as long as they are not blocked it is not normally a problem.

St. Annes Road is the one facing the Telephone exchange.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Thanks Lilly.

I know the area. Its just one of my pet gripes, thats all.

It can be difficult if you live somewhere like that, especially if you have visitors,who can't park anywhere near your house, because someone has parked right outside your house for days on end without moving .

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

I would second Badcat's comment. If the hotel does not provide free parking I would ask them to suggest safe and secure parking and be prepared to pay for this. That's just one of the things you have to accept and budget for when you want the freedom of a car. I would also always try and book a hotel/B & B/self-catering accommodation that provides parking.

It is very easy to inconvenience someone by parking in a residential street for days on end and I would never recommend doing so.

Elfin

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

He could always move the car to a different street each day.

england
Level Contributor
244 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car parking at Beresford Hotel

Oh Lilly, I trust this is just an 'off the cuff' remark. No, the OP should spent £ 30 for a weekly ticket and get the car into an official car park near the hotel. If I calculated correctly (and maths is not my forte) that's less than £ 4.30 per day. I am sure that Newquay posters can advise the OP about the car park closest to the hotel.

Elfin