We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Salisbury, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

i hired a car from cornwall car hire last week and i was very satisfied with the service that they provided, from the telephone conversation (the booking of the car) to meeting me on time with a clean car and friendly efficient member of staff, from my experience i would definately hire from the company again and would recommend cornwall car hire to others.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

How kind of you to join TA today to tell us about your experience.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there?

Newquay
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

checked your bank account yet...seems faults are being found after the paperwork has been signed off and users are finding out they are getting billed for dents etc...hope your is not the case as well

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Sarcasm? Just commenting on the fact that this person has made a forum post and a review of this car hire company on the day they joined TA and has not come back to tell us any more about their holiday.

Just wondering why they have not chosen to do a review of their accommodation or at least made comments about it on the forum.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
210 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Is it the norm in this area to book by telephone rather than on the internet?

It's too early for us to make bookings in England yet, but the websites I found didn't seem very promising; I suppose I am so used to Hertz and Alamo that anything else looks peculiar.

Does Europcar operate in Devon and Cornwall? We always use them in Australia and it seems sensible to stay on a roll.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Yes, as far as I understand, Europcar operate from Newquay airport, Newquay town and Falmouth.

Some small companies may not have websites, and be more comfortable booking over the phone, but large companies are usually bookable (is that a word?) over the internet.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

This looks a bit doubtful this glowing review of Cornwall Car Hire. A single poster, no personal photo, and no profile given. Should be ignored until something more substantial is received.

I will be in Cornwall this September and guess who is not on the car hire list.

Ross

London
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

See this previous TA thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186239-i638-k39…

DO NOT HIRE A CAR FROM CORNWALL CAR HIRE!

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Why has this been brought back to life?? Siballah.

Have you had a recent bad experience with this company??

London, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: enjoyable experience with cornwall car hire

Good grief - I'm glad I didn't look here before hiring from CCH. I hired with them at the beginning of March and it was all a really good experience - maybe they've had a change of staff in the meantime.

Great help on the phone, made it all very easy. Friendly and speedy pick-up at Redruth station, and clear instructions for drop-off (I had to leave the car in the station car park with a pay-and-display that they refunded me). The car I got was a brand new Peugeot, 300 miles on the clock.

All I'd say is that it was harder filling the tank to halfway than it would have to leave it full like most car hire places I've used ask for, but in the event it was no great hassle! Would definitely use them again.