We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good family dining??

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good family dining??

I've been looking at the restaurant reviews and some of the local places look great, but although I want great food, I also want to be relaxed for a family meal which will include our 11 year old daughter. She's very easy to feed, loves most things although not too spicy.

We like the look of the Lewennick (sorry for spelling), also the Harbour Fish & Grill (although menu looks v posh?), and one other that I can't remember right now (holiday brain!!).

We're wanting nice location, quality food, and a nice atmosphere - hoping to get a little dressed up too. We've been to Kahuna by the way, it was great food.

Any comments or other suggestions? Thanks again for all help.

1. Re: Good family dining??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, July 12, 2010
Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good family dining??

Your research and subsequent find of Lewinnick Lodge is spot on. You'll love it!

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good family dining??

Yes, i agree, Lewinnick is one of my favourites for a special occaision.

Good weather is a bonus as they have a stunning outside area with great views and some of the best tables inside have great sunset views.

Scotland
Level Contributor
310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good family dining??

You were both correct! A great night was had by all. Service was very friendly, if slightly too efficient, it felt a little hurried, but I couldn't fault the food at all. The views were indeed beautiful even on a cloudy evening, so thanks for the advice. I'll also leave a review for the restaurant.

Thanks again x

5. Re: Good family dining??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, January 10, 2011