We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

We are excited to be visiting Cornwall in August, staying at the highly recommended Kallacliff Hotel. We are two oldies (50s) and will be bringing our 16 year old along with us. We know about Eden Centre, but where else would you recommend for days out (we will be spending 10 days there)? Also, recommendations on where to eat in the evenings? Daughter will eat fish but not meat. Don't mean the Cordon Bleu end of the market, but not chips with everything every night either. Finally - where is good for shopping (teen and oldies stuff!)

Thanks!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Yes Pendennis Castle is good, we stayed in it.

It was a Youth Hostel, I am not sure if it still is as it was quite a long time ago.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Whilst not to be particularly avoided, some of the inland towns aren't up to much, and i wouldn't waste my valuable holiday time going to them(not naming and shaming here!!)

All the places suggested so far should keep you occupied anyway.

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Hi John

We will definitely be making a trip through to Falmouth - sounds really good. Quite fancy the idea of a boat or boat trip so will look into that. Thanks for the tips!

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Thanks again Kirsty and Badkat. Yes, will do a report on Kallacliff when we get back and also some info on where we managed to get to/what we did so that it may help some other users too.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

If you fancy a boat trip, you can go from Truro to Falmouth,which is a very scenic trip, down the Fal.

It is dependent on the tides though,so you would need to check before travelling for it.

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

That sounds like a good idea. Would I be able to book before coming to Cornwall, or, with it being tide dependent is it a case of turning up and hoping for the best?

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Hi

You should find the info you need here-- http://www.falriverlinks.co.uk/

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

Hi again Badcat - great - thanks for all your help. I am now marking off the days on the calendar!!!

19. Re: Oldies and a Teen in Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 16, 2009