We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Warned You have to pay at Newquay Airport

Leeds
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Be Warned You have to pay at Newquay Airport

Hi everyone

Just thought I would share this with the members, we have just had a lovely w/e in Newquay however when we returned to the airport yesterday afternoon we discovered that the airport is being upgrades/extension works etc and the airport are charging everyone over the age of 16 £5 to fly out.........we could not believe our ears/eyes. We found it scandalous that we are having to pay for airport improvements. My husband did point this out to a few of the airport stafff and yes we realise it isnt the staffs faulty but neither did we suggest they extend the airport!!

I cant believe that the airlines that operate in and out of Newquay dont tell passengers on the in bound flights or maybe they dont want the 'back lash' from telling people this

regards

Jules

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Be Warned You have to pay at Newquay Airport

I hope very much that it doesn't upset anyone enough for them to pull out of flying from Newquay. I very much appreciate flying from Newquay and certainly don't mind paying the extra £5.00 to do so and am quite happy with Ryan air when I only pay £20.00 return fare to Barcelona!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Be Warned You have to pay at Newquay Airport

My sentiments entirely coxei..

As far as I know, Newquay airport is essentially still St Mawgan Naval Air Station and is operated by the MOD who lease/rent out various areas to the civilian airline operators, hence the charge to use the airport. Five quid is hardly life threatening is it when you consider that easyJet now charge something like a tenner per checked-in bag.

A friend of mine has just flown return from Newquay direct to Alicante for something like £100. If the all-in fare had been £105, with a note to the effect that " a five pound charge is INCLUDED in the fare for airport useage" no-one would even mind, let alone notice the charge for using the airport, but because it's an "additional" five quid, people start moaning about it.

13. Re: Be Warned You have to pay at Newquay Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 15, 2009