We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Taxi

Leeds
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Taxi

Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of advance regarding airport and taxi. I have read that there isnt a taxi rank at the airport and you have to pre book, is this the case. I have been quoted £18 (1 way from airport to Newquay town centre - I havent booked a hotel yet) airport/taxi website and wondered if this is the going rate or would I be better trying a taxi company in Newquay its self. We arrive Fri 17th Oct staying for 2 nights

Thanks in advance for your help

Jules

Newquay
Level Contributor
167 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Taxi

Hello Jules

its about the right price/going rate im afraid

john

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Taxi

Hi Somebody else wanted information on Taxi's from Newquay to St. Ives and didn't get any response, so you may have to do your own homework and just go for it.

I have read in several places that there is no taxi rank at Newquay so yes you would have to prebook something. I think all you can do is get a couple of quotes from independent taxi firms and then bite the bullet and book your preference.

Hope you have a great time. Regards Trisha

Newquay, United...
Destination Expert
for Newquay, Cornwall
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Taxi

carminow cars charge £12 from the airport to newquay

You can telephone them & pre book. 01637 850000

Leeds
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Taxi

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies, I will give the taxi company a call to pre book.

Regards

Jules

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Taxi

There's normally plenty of taxis going to Newquay from the airport,or you could phone one when you're there - it won't take long to arrive, it's only 6 miles from Newquay. Try Bluebird Taxis 01637 852222 I always use them in Newquay. Alternatively, you could get a bus, it's pretty quick.

newquay, uk
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Taxi

there all also buses that meet every flight - much cheaper!

7. Re: Airport Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, October 08, 2009