We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hendra holiday park

Which Newquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hendra holiday park

I went for one of these sun holidays for £17.50 and got Hendra in Newquay. I am guessing I will get the most basic caravan they have, has anyone an idea what these might be like. Currently they are letting you upgrade to a Sennen (from £39 extra), Pentire or Whipsiderry (from £59 extra) or Fistral (from £99 extra). Would it be worth my while doing an upgrade?

Thanks

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
592 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hendra holiday park

I haven't any personal experience of these as we always took our own caravan to Hendra but have you checked them out on their website;

www.hendra-holidays.com. It seems to be a good deal whichever one you choose.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hendra holiday park

Hi, We stayed at Hendra a couple of years ago and had a basic (but new) caravan. I think all the caravans are of a good standard. It's a nice site with facilities for families etc. There's a bus into Newquay (I guess you must be flying from Scotland)! There's the Kings Head put within walking distance that does food and there's a supermarket nearby.

England
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hendra holiday park

I have also got a holiday booked from the sun for here, i have upgraded to a fistral and think its well worth the money.I have never been myself but i have a friend who has been a few times and has said it is fantastic. We are going in July and i can'nt wait! will post review on my return hope you enjoy your break.

rugby
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hendra holiday park

We got back from a sun holiday at Hendra last friday. We was given a Tolcarne caravan which was new in 2005. I wouldnt waste your money upgrading as the caravan was very nice and spacious. Hope this helps

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hendra holiday park

We ended up upgrading to a fistral, the caravan is really nice and the uprade meant we got duvets and not blankets, but still had to take your own sheets (or hire).Only thing that bothered us was that they cut the grass all day long! Bit of a rubbish complaint!

The indoor pool is brilliant, probably better when I went as it wasn't crouded because the kids were still at school. Went to the entertainment one night and the singer was really good.

If you go for a meal in Newquay try Senior Dicks (Mexican), fabulous, especially the F.B.I cocktails!

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
592 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hendra holiday park

Thanks for posting back icu, it is always interesting to hear how people get on.

I also enjoy a trip to Senor Dicks, in fact now you have mentioned it, I think I feel one coming on!

Eileen

7. Re: Hendra holiday park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 28, 2009