We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing Weekend Newquay

Devon
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surfing Weekend Newquay

I'm looking for accommodation for 3 girls for 8+9 August for a surfing weekend, but it looks like all the lodges are only doing week bookings or are full. Does anyone know of a B&B or similar that would have the same sort of feel as a surf lodge that takes 2 night bookings in peak season?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing Weekend Newquay

In August you are unlikly to find anywhere in newquay that will just do a 2 night booking - sorry. Also that week is the Rip Curl Board Masters and Unleashed Music Festival so its likely to be heaving that week!!

Would you consider somewhere other than Newquay?

St Merryn / Harlyn Bay is just up the coast from Newquay and is likely to be less busy. Still good surf and good pubs but no night life as such.

Alternatively you can go down west to St Ives - good surfing nearby, shops and nightclubs

Devon
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing Weekend Newquay

Trouble is we're already booked on the girls surfing weekend with ESF. We may have somewhere but if not its gonna have to be the car!!!

Cornwall
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing Weekend Newquay

Have you tried the loacl tourist info office for newquay?

www.newquay.co.uk

they may be able to help

Devon
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing Weekend Newquay

Thanks for the info - we now have a place to stay - Smugglers Rest. I think we were lucky getting anything and next time I'm gonna check what's on BEFORE I book!

5. Re: Surfing Weekend Newquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 27, 2009