We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Newquay?

West Sussex
14 posts
Save Topic
Camping Newquay?

Hi, i would like to go to Newquay sometime this month or next. Hostels and hotels are pretty much fully booked. I was wondering about camp sites in Newquay, i didn't have a successful search on the internet... was wondering if there were any camp sites a bit more out of the way of the town that had some sort regular transport from the site to Newquay center, and if with any luck some sort of night service. Probably asking alot for a rural area but worth a shot. Cheers, Joe.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Trevalgan Touring Park
Trevalgan Touring Park
#3 of 30 Specialty lodging in St Ives
Treworgans Holiday Park
Treworgans Holiday Park
#1 of 78 Specialty lodging in Newquay
Globe Vale Holiday Park
Globe Vale Holiday Park
#1 of 9 Specialty lodging in Redruth
Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Newquay?

hi Joe there is a camp site 8 mins walk from the center of Newquay it is really only for couples and families but the warden will let people stay who are not going to party all night and keep everyone awake TRENANCE HOLIDAY PARK 01637872447 hope this is a help

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Trenance Holiday Park
Trenance Holiday Park
412 Reviews
Newquay, UK
West Sussex
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Newquay?

thanks very much for your help, ill check it out

Wilderness, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Newquay?

Hey Joe,i swear your posting took the words right out of my mouth. Accomodation in newquay seems pretty much impossible!!! Did you have any luck with the Trenance place?

Mentioned in this post
Trenance Holiday Park
Trenance Holiday Park
412 Reviews
Newquay, UK
Manchester
Level Contributor
250 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping Newquay?

Does anyone know of any campsites for groups of 20somethings? we are not a rowdy bunch but dont want to go somewhere quiet?

Thanks,

Kent
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Camping Newquay?

DO NOT GO TO TRENANCE HOLIDAY PARK

U CANT BREATH OR FART OUT OF PLACE WITHOUT THE WARDEN THREATENING TO THROW YOU OFF!!!!!!!!!

WE LOST OVER A HUNDRED POUNDS BECAUSE WE GOT KICKED OFF FOR USING THE TOILET AND THE WARDEN CLAIMED WE WERE BEEN NOISY

THE NEXT DAY WHILST STAYING IN THE BORDING HOUSE HOTEL WE WERE TOLD SOMEONE ELSE HAD OUR PITCH.....

A BIT DODGY!!!!!!!!

The bording house hotel is great, cheap, right on the door step to fistral beech, and Newquay town surf babes there!!!!!! the beds clean (not hotel-de-posh) but the bar atmosphere and staff are excellent. It will save you money as you will not have the cost of travelling in to town or the beech and re-washing your clothes, as when we were at Trenance the pitch was awful and it flood all of our clothes too and personally I believe that was the reason they kicked us off the site

Good luck with your find and you will absolutely love Newquay

Mentioned in this post
Trenance Holiday Park
Trenance Holiday Park
412 Reviews
Newquay, UK
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Kent
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camping Newquay?

MSG for LYNSEY

Try Trevalgue ........ it was really good. It is situated in porth but the travel into the town is soooo reliable and cheap.

It has its own club, 2 swimming pools and the 2 options of the familey section or 18's-30's Try it I loved it I go camping in Newquay all the time and I think this one would be the best fot you. Nice and clean great facilities.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Kamloops British...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Camping Newquay?

Hi everybody! How far is the distance between towns around Newquay? I am looking at being there late may or early june. I had planned on camping and maybe hiking a portion of the southwest coast path. Sounds like Newquay is a pretty crowed place though. Are you allowed to have campires in the camp sites? I was also wondering if anybody has ever rented an apartment for a week or a month. How's the availability for something like that?

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camping Newquay?

Hi nighthawk

Regarding the camp fire thing, sites vary. Some are strictly a No-no, some will let you as long as it is off the ground, i.e. on bricks to save damage to the grass.

You can literally hike all around the Cornish coast on the coastal path. It's been open for a few years now and is well signposted. Newquay is rather crowded and boisterous and wouldn't be my choice for a place to stay. Distances to other towns in the region are as follows in miles (I assume you mean by road?)

Truro 15, Falmouth 27, St Austell 17, Wadebridge 16, Padstow 20.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Truro
Truro
Truro District, UK
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cornwall, UK
St Austell
St Austell
Cornwall, UK
Padstow
Padstow
Cornwall, UK
minehead, somerset
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Camping Newquay?

Try Hendra Holiday Park, we have styed here twice and loved it, its a little way out of Newquay, only about 2 min drive and close to supermarket etc. You can easily arrange taxis into town at the reception desk too. We have done this, so know you can do it.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Hendra Holiday Park
Hendra Holiday Park
1,951 Reviews
Newquay, UK
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
Newcastle
Level Contributor
28 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Camping Newquay?

There are two holiday parks/campsites just outside Newquay specifically for 18-30s singles and groups

www.smugglershaven.co.uk

www.roseclistonpark.co.uk

I have stayed at smugglershaven a few years ago with a group, it was the August bank holiday and it was packed with young people, it was noisy until the early hours though as everyone was partying. Not sure what its like more more off season though. Public transport was readily available to the centre of Newquay and there were loads of taxis inclusing the larger taxis which fit big groups in. Prices were reasonable too.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK