We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close airport or transfers

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation close airport or transfers

Anyone recommend ?

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation close airport or transfers

Please could you be a bit more specific. When are you travelling and what sort of accommodation are you looking for? What sort of transfer are you looking for and to where?

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation close airport or transfers

The only hotel/inn accommodation close to Newquay airport is The Smugglers Inn. It is within walking distance. I have not stayed there but have popped in for a beer in the bar. It is a bit dated (in the bar area) but I heard a couple of months ago that it has, or was about to, change hands. I haven't been in since so can't say, nor can I recommend the accommodation from personal experience, other than to say it is conveniently close to the airport.

Other than that it will be a taxi, and the nearest is probably The Falcon Inn at St Mawgan (not far, but too far to walk).

London, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation close airport or transfers

Thank you 😊

Hubby is saying we might drive. If we do anywhere else you would recommend close by or just these two

Thank you again

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
707 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation close airport or transfers

It depends on what sort of accommodation you want - b&b, inn/pub or good class hotel. If you want to be close to the airport you could look at The Merrymore Inn at Mawgan Porth. It is not much further than The Falcon at St Mawgan previously mentioned, but has the advantage of being in an excellent position right by the beach with rooms overlooking the sea. Being a pub it also offers a good selection of drinks and has a fairly extensive menu. There are also two of three other eating options nearby, although these are closed out of season.

For something more upmarket you could look at The Scarlet Hotel which is up the hill from The Merrymore and beach. Much more classy (and expensive), but they also have a good restaurant which you can visit even if not staying there (i.e. should you stay at the Merrymore).

If B&B is more what you want, then there is one called Seavista about midway between the airport and Mawgan Porth. My son has stayed there and said it was good. It is also within walking distance of a pub called The Travellers Rest that has a decent menu (but I don't think they do b&b)

Hope this helps and gives you options to consider

Edited: 8:39 am, October 30, 2017
Reply to: Accommodation close airport or transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted