We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all public transport in newquay

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
all public transport in newquay

Flying in the newquay 1st of April would like to know the best way to travel onwards to Falmouth for a cruise

18 replies to this topic
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all public transport in newquay

Does your cruise depart on the same day as you fly into Newquay? And if so, what time do you need to be on the ship, and what time do you arrive in Newquay?

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all public transport in newquay

travelinesw.com is a useful website for planning a journey.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,082 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all public transport in newquay

Bus/taxi from Airport to Newquay station, train Newquay to Par, train Par to Truro, Train Truro to Falmouth.

Otherwise pre-book a taxi I am sure the cruise operator will have suggestions or Google taxis Newquay Airport.

If you want buses let me know and I will look them up tomorrow. Maybe.

Edited: 6:42 pm, March 15, 2017
Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all public transport in newquay

https://www.cornwallairportnewquay.com/press…

Last Summer a shuttle bus from Airport to Truro was introduced as a trial. It is unclear whether it is currently operating, check with the taxi company, who are the 'partner' service referenced on the airport web-site.

Edited: 7:14 pm, March 15, 2017
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all public transport in newquay

You're going on a cruise, get a taxi! As you can see it's a difficult journey on public transport, treat yourself.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,082 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all public transport in newquay

Bus is about 2.5 hours, changing in Newquay and Truro. You would probably need a taxi at the Falmouth end.

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: all public transport in newquay

Our flights arrived at Newquay airports 8.20 and the cruise ship departs at 4.30 would like information on bus train by taxi and is there bus or train from Newquay airport and if possible times of all transport and prices.

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: all public transport in newquay

Our flight arrives at Newquay 8:20 and the cruise departs at 4.30 need to be in Falmouth two hours before cruise leaves would like information on all public transport many thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,082 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all public transport in newquay

We've just given you it! Use the journey planner suggested in post 2 if you want to know the timings.

Edited: 7:37 am, March 16, 2017
Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all public transport in newquay

Perhaps I'm alone (or too old) but I find the new design of travelinsw.com unusable. For this particular journey I also find it wrong as it details a start with the 93 from Carloggan rather than 56 from airport. I would be interested in other opinions, http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk can be used providing a more 'traditional' method of use and results.

pmax we can't give every single combination of transport, the travel planners give the public transport routes, but not fares. I don't think there is any route by train which is quicker than bus as the trains from Newquay are so infrequent (the station is in Newquay town, not at airport). An 'all bus' journey at 9:53 arriving 12:22 services operated by First Kernow so there is an 'all day' ticket you could buy at £12.00

Reply to: all public transport in newquay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted