We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

Winchester, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

I am trying to find accommodation for myself and elderly dad with limited mobility for a break in July. He can cope with a walking frame but stairs are a no-no unless one or two with a handrail. He wants to be able to hire a mobility scooter and trundle around under his owns steam in the old town so we need to be in the centre of everything.

Self-catering with a great view would be ideal but there needs to be one bedroom on ground floor level. Alternatively a hotel or B&B would suit but it needs to have a lift to the upper floors unless once again there's a ground floor bedroom. Searching is taking up whole days, so if anyone can make a recommendation I'd be really grateful.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

Sorry you probably have this sorted, but just wanted to check you had ascertained he could hire a mobility scooter in Looe? I haven't seen anywhere hiring them when I have been in Looe,l mind you I haven't particularly been looking either, so may have missed it.

Winchester, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

It seems possible to hire one through a national agency that I have found on the internet offering mobility scooter hire in Looe - but I will ring them tomorrow just to make sure that it's feasible.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

I expect it will be fine, but maybe best to make sure.

Looe
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

Hello graphismo, I've just seen your question.

The geography of Looe and the many old buildings means that access is not always straightforward. If you look at our web site www.visit-southeastcornwall.co.uk you will be able to look at our listed accommodation. There is a company called 'The Cornish Collection' featured there, they have many self catering properties in Looe, the one called '4 West Quay House' looks as though it might suit you. They do have a detailed accessibility statement for the apartment.

For catered accommodation you might look at the Portbyhan Hotel, they have a stair lift to get from the street to the front door and an internal lift. Their details are on our site above, please do check with them re your specific requirements.

For the mobility scooter you might try 'Mobility SW' 01208 75355, based in Bodmin.

Regards

Judy - Looe Tourist Information Centre

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

Hi there

I'm sure our Looe Tourist info friend here can help but there are several holiday cottages by the lifeboat station with what looks like level access although I don't know what the interior arrangements are.

6. Re: Central East Looe accommodation without steps!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Looe