We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday in December accommodation advice

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
346 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Family holiday in December accommodation advice

Hi all, We are two families from Australia coming to Engladn and Falmouth area 14th December to 18th Decmber, we know it is winter but this is the oly time we can get holidays We will be a total of 4 adlts and 4 children ranging in age from 9 to 15. We are looking for accommodation preferably in two 2 bedroom apartments next to each other or fairly close by to each other. Can some one make any recommendations. Any other info or tips pleae would love to hear them. I have alreay been looking at pubs etc to eat and have got some great suggestions from all of you so thanks for that.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
346 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

PS strange question maybe but why are so many post in Falmouth Forum closed I have never seen this while looking on TA(not so many that is)

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

I will leave the information about Falmouth and your accommodation to our DE who will have more information than I have.

Posts are closed after nothing has been added to them for six months. This is true for the whole of TA, so I suppose you have only noticed it for Falmouth as it is a quiet forum and closed posts are still on the front page.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

Hi, you could try this site they seem to have a few:

westcountry-online.com/towns/…self

cornwall-online.co.uk/harboursideapartments%…

If you need any info on what to do in Falmouth and surrounding just let me know.

Caz

Edited: 2:40 am, June 26, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
346 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

Hi all thanks for your replies and yes that does makes sense about the forums I did not look at how old they are. Caz any info you would like to share or offer I would be more than happy to read andtake with me. Thanks you and I will look at those sites now.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

Falmouth has a good mix of shops high street and boutiques, plenty of restaurants to suit all tastes, mix of traditional family pubs or wine bars! Beaches galore all safe for swimming (probably not in December ha, ha) or going for a stroll. Things to see/do: Bowling situated along from The Maritime museum, Merlin Cinema for the latest films on a wet day, Pendennis Castle or take the ferry to St.Mawes Castle. Ships and Castles leisure complex or a number of the seafront hotels have pools and gyms, spa treatments for non resident. NT gardens Glendurgan is in Mawnan Smith as is Trebah Gardens. The City of Truro Is 9 miles away, well worth going good high street stores and coffee shops etc., Caz

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

If you are prepared to stay a few miles outside Falmouth, you may wish to have a look at this: www.the-valley.co.uk. We stayed there some years back and liked it.

7. Re: Family holiday in December accommodation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth