We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

California
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

We will be in Falmouth for about 8 hours on April 22, 2010. What are the “Must Sees”

From reading this forum, the ferry to St Mawes and a visit to St Mawes Castle looks interesting as well as a visit to Pendennis Castle. Are both of these doable in 8 hours? Or are there other things you would recommend?

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

Good choice, thats what i would do. Theres plenty of places to eat and drink in Falmouth and a few in St Mawes.

Hope the weather is fine for you.

Happy New Year

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

Hi Annabelle

Yes, it is, I was offered the tag a week or so ago. Obviously, I no longer live in Cornwall like you, badcat, ma and pa, and the other DEs but do get down there at least once a month for work where I spend 3-4 days travelling all around the Duchy. We also try to spend at least 4-5 long weekends down there throughout the year.

I spent several years living in Polperro when my job also entailed driving all around the county. I know the southeast area very well and the far west of Penwith and the Roseland and Lizard peninsulas. At the end of it, maybe I can fill in a few small gaps just as you guys can fill in all the big ones!!

A Very Happy New Year to all on the Cornwall forums, I feel as though I'm in very polite, knowledgeable and esteemed company...:0)

Edited: 12:12 pm, December 31, 2009
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

My apologies for omitting sammysgranny, toothbrush, pastie and lilly. Hope I haven't missed anyone else out!!

14. Re: 8 hour visit on a cruise ship - what are the "musts"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth