We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ridge, New York
Level Contributor
158 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

We will be arriving by ship (Celebrity) at Falmouth. Saw Samantha Brown on Travel Channel in St. Ives, looked so beautiful, anyone know how far it is from port or should we just stay in Falmouth?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

And you have how long at falmouth? an hour? a day? a week?

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Hi crazyfornaples - Falmouth is about 25 miles (50 min drive) from St.Ives - you would have to catch the branch line train from Falmouth to Truro and then the Truro - Penzance Train getting off at St.Erth Station and then catch the St.Erth - St.Ives branch line. Or you could hire a car for the day or if money no option! a Taxi !!!

Whe are you arriving? And if you only have the day it's not really feasable - Falmouth is a lovely area - check out Trip Advisor inside pages for Falmouth - and if you tell me your likes i'll see if i can help :) Caz

Ridge, New York
Level Contributor
158 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Thanks for the reply, caz'n'kel, guess we will just stay near the port, sounds like too much running around. Is there one of those hop-on, hop-off busses in Falmouth? Thanks again.

Ridge, New York
Level Contributor
158 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Forgot to mention, will only be there for the day.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

No hop on / off buses that I know of. No need for one as great place for walking. May advice is like others to stay in Falmouth. Lovely place.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Hi Falmouth does have a Land Train (tourist train/bus) which travels in a loop from the Town Centre out to the beaches around and back again and you can hop on and off of this which would be ideal - but this only operates in the Summer (i'm trying to check out when it starts for you and will get back to you!) Any other info just ask - get back to you soon :) Caz

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Hi Crazyfornaples, I just heard back and they don't have any plans to run the little train this year :( !!!! But as was previously mentioned nowhere is too far away ie; Town - Beaches - Castle so you will be okay. Hope the weather is good for you :) Caz

Ridge, New York
Level Contributor
158 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

Thanks Caz, Janner, you both convinced me, will just stay in Falmouth.. sounds nice... thanks again, much appreciated...

9. Re: Cruise port (Falmouth) to St. Ives?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth