We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Taunton
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi all,

We are looking to find a self catering holiday in a cottage in Cornwall which has a pool. It would be good to find something with modern facilities, especially if it could help to keep an 18, 16 and 10 year old happy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Look up 'helpful holidays'

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

oops that should be all one word, to be exact;

http://www.helpfulholidays.com/

I dont know if they have a cottage that fits your description but they do tend to have more upmarket places in that part of the world.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi, can't think of any with pools, but have to ask "Why do you want a pool when we have so many beautiful beaches which will keep your children and yourselves happy ". You can rent many cottages/apartments etc., within steps of the sea so this may help to widen your search if you can't find any such companies would be www.coastalandcountryhoildays.co.uk or ww.cornishhoildaycottages.net both established reputable companies.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi TauntonClaret,

Welcome to the forum, to a Taunton resident. Have a look at:

www.the-valley.co.uk

Not a huge pool, but the place is pretty good.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

I should also say that friends have stayed there, and thought it was great. They have similar aged ones to your two eldest.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

friends have stayed here, loved it.

http://www.stmoritzvillas.co.uk/leisure.html

Taunton
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I certainly like the look of the Valley.

For Caz, the sea was our original intention and I was hoping to find somewhere right on the beach and try surfing etc and have a real family activity holiday. My youngest boy has decided he is a bit of a wus and doesn't seem to like the sea and wants an indoor pool. It is trying to balance it out between them all.

I have a disability as well, and wonder how I might be able to do one legged surfing. If anyone is in Cornwall in the summer it could be quite a laught ot watch!

If anyone ha anymore ideas or know of any with an outdoor pool it would be great to hear them.

Thanks.

Potters Bar, United...
Level Contributor
903 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi again - if your not familiar with Cornwall then try and base your holiday (pool permitting) on the North Coast as this is very good for surfing, try and pick areas just away from Newquay it's self as it can get a bit rowdy in the summer!! You will have fun "body boarding" - even i can do this !! :) Caz

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
88 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

Hi,

I used Cornish Horizons and found them to be very good, but didn't stay in a place with a pool (not sure if they have any with pools or not).

When I was looking for self catering places, I came across www.fiddlersgreennewquay.co.uk/index-1.html - there is a pool but I haven't stayed there myself.

10. Re: Luxury Self Catering cottage with a pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 26, 2009