We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Hi,

I'm staying in Praa Sands near Penzance from 25th of March to 29th. I'm with my 8 year old daughter who loves farms. I wanted to visit a farm with horses, sheep, dogs etc. and is welcoming to visitors. It would be great to combine this farm with shopping for jams, produce or even a cream tea. Please recommend. I'd prefer not to drive more than 1 hour unless a must see sight is close by. Also, separately, good cream tea suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited: 10:27 pm, March 10, 2013
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Dear Liz, Roskilly's Farm near St Keverne on the Lizard has cows (to produce the milk for Roskilly's famous ice cream) a good cafe with cream teas, local produce, and a small nature trail. Not sure about other animals. Dairyland near Newquay is a 'tourist attraction' farm with animals for petting. You should be able to get more info if you google these. Can't immediately think of other suitable farms but perhaps other posters can help.

Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
911 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

For cream teas - if you pop west along the coast to Perranuthnoe there is a great cafe above the beach that does good cream teas.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Not a farm but a great place to visit is Paradise Park at Hayle. As well as all the wonderful birds it has goats, donkies, guinea pigs, otters etc. Don't miss the penguin feeding time because children can go in the enclosure and help with the feeding. There is penguin petting after. In addition there is a very good inside play area. If you are very lucky pasties from the very good shop in the town will be on the lunch menu.

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Also near Hayle is Trevaskis Farm. They have some animals, a very good farm shop and a restaurants that does lovely food, including cream teas. More details:

http://www.trevaskisfarm.co.uk/

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Thank you very much. Roskilly's looks yummy. Will definitely visit.

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

These are all great suggestions. Thanks everyone (and future posts :)

Cornwall
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

Roskilly's is definitely perfect for all your wants! Also, on the way there is a good cream tea stop.

As you're driving towards Helston via Leedstown (turn off the main Praa Sands to Helston road), just as you come out of Leedstown on the left hand side is a tiny little lane, down which is a very rural B&B (signposted). They do great cream teas :-)

Aha, just found they have a web site!

www.littlepengelly.co.uk/directions.html

8. Re: cream teas and farm in south west Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 20, 2014