We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Lunch

Cornwall
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Lunch

I'm fed up with cooking for 2 on Christmas Day...........can anyone recommend a good place we can go to have lunch on Christmas Day??

Ideally within a 10 miles radius of Redruth............

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

I'm doing the same search. We've only moved to Cornwall recently but have eaten out on Christmas Day in the Kent/London/Surrey borders since the mid 80s. We find hotels are generally better than restaurants but it is fairly pricey. If I find anywhere I'll repost.

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Three years ago we had a short break package over Christmas at St Merryn near Padstow. It included Christmas Day Lunch at the Porth Veor Manor Hotel, at Porth near Newquay.

It was excellent and the hotel is in a lovely location.

porthveormanor.com/christmas-day-lunch-menu.…

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
592 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

What about Trevaskis Farm, they do a Christmas Day menu (no prices yet though).

http://www.trevaskisfarm.co.uk

I love their Sunday roasts and the desserts are legendary but someone once said to me that they thought it was a bit school dinnerish as you go in, in sittings, and don't get to choose the veg you like, you just have what is chosen as the best available on the day but as it is fresh and cooked very well (no soggy cabbage), that suits me, I eat all veg but I do understand that some people would rather choose. I can say though as most Sundays are generally booked up well in advance, I expect Christmas day might be too. It is licenced also.

Edited: 4:32 pm, October 11, 2012
Cornwall
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Thank you!!!

I hadn't thought about Trevaskis Farm........been there many a time for lunch and for their Valentines evening.............I'll get in touch.

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Hayle is probably bit far to drive for us, but the menu looks great - probably the best I've seen so far. Thnak for letting us know about the place tho', we'll certainly go their for lunch on a day out in that area.

Cornwall
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Oh you should!!!

One tip............wear loose waistbands cos the portions are huge and we NEVER have room for a pud!!!!!

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Hahhaha -will probably give the starter a miss then and go for pud instead. Got a major sweet tooth (and I can always pinch a forkfull or two from my partner's strter plate!)

Brit in the Gulf
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Does anyone know of a restaurant, hotel or pub within approximately10 miles of Polzeath which will provide lunch on Christmas Day? My searches are coming up with nothing so far. Looking forward to you responses.

Chris Jones

Edited: 11:52 am, November 12, 2012
Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

It's difficult to pick up pub information online - bes just pop in to ask. Most pubs in the Launceston area seem to be doing Christy day lunch. The Springer Spaniel is probably a bit far for you but do a really good Sunday roast and are definitely open on Christmas Day. Or Wadebridge - the Inn on the Green is good too. Not sure if any of this helps but I know what it's like looking for a great place to eat out on Christmas Day.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Hi there

The Cornish Arms at Pendoggett is a cracking pub, it's in the CAMRA 2013 Real Ale Guide and serves great food. Not sure of course if they'll be doing Christmas lunch, but if they are, and it's half as good as their regular food, you won't go far wrong. You can find them on 01208 880263 or at www.cornisharms.com

Then there's the Quarryman Inn at Edmonton, again, quite close to Polzeath, another Good Beer Guide pub and serves excellent food. Phone number's 01208 816444, they don't have a website. I've drank and eaten in both and they are very good.