We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Cornwall

Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
121 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
car rental in Cornwall

We will be travelling to Falmouth next summer and need a car rental. We thought that it would be quicker to depart from London by train rather than pick up the car in London. (We dont mind London driving but can be slow)

I have looked at Avis and Hertz but I dont seem to be able to get a rental easily unless we pick up from Bournmouth. We will pick the car up on a Saturday so there is limited hours.

Could somebody advise either other rental companies that operate in the area, or a town with reliable car rentals please.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in Cornwall

All major car hire firms are available in the majority of the main towns in Cornwall. Europcar, Enterprise and Hertz seem to be the most catered for. Penzance, Falmouth and Truro all have multiple hire venues.

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
741 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental in Cornwall

Enterprise have a good reputation and the Bodmin brance will also meet you at the station (about 5-6 miles outside Bodmin in the middle of nowhere!) and take you to their depot to do the paperwork.

I presume other brances in the area do similar.

My neighbour rented a lovely new car last week from them and she said it was very reasonable although she did dent it within an hour!!!!

Edited: 1:26 am, October 01, 2012
Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
741 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental in Cornwall

Just had a quick play on their website and they say they will pick you up on their ad.

Looked at the price of a small car for a week from their branch at Truro and it was £96 including CDW. Can't complain about that price but that is obviously an off season rate but still should be cheaper than Avis, Hertz etc and more convienient than Bournemouth!!!!!!.

Truro Station is not far from Falmouth so that should suit you fine as the trains are direct from London.

Edited: 1:44 am, October 01, 2012
Sandton, South...
Level Contributor
121 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental in Cornwall

Thanks for the replies. I will try again

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental in Cornwall

Nothing new, just mentioning again what others have told you. We use Enterprise for our car hire at work. The Penzance office has always been brilliant

6. Re: car rental in Cornwall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 15, 2013