We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best base near Eden Project

Which Cornwall hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Best base near Eden Project

We are looking for a self-catering base near Eden Project but that allows us to enjoy sandy beach and general walking away from the crowds. Three active girls aged 12, 16 and 19. Will have car. Anyone any recommendations

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Best base near Eden Project

Have a look at Pentewan Sands. Close to Eden, but on it's own sandy beach, and lots of walks nearby.

It's also central for visiting other areas.

http://www.pentewansands.com/

Perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Best base near Eden Project

thanks for that

mmm too busy for me I think

thinking more of a detached property ?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
Level Contributor
12,402 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Best base near Eden Project

well at least now we have an idea what you want. It wasn't clear from your first post!

Now, any idea of budget?

Perth
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Best base near Eden Project

yeah sorry - first question was more of a puzzle !

£600 - £1,000 for 7 nights

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
5. Re: Best base near Eden Project

Hi there

Plenty of very well equipped SC cottages in Polperro, most of which are close to, or right by the harbour. There's small beach at low tide but a vast, sandy beach at Looe, 4 miles away, or at Millendreath, about 2 miles away. Plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants in Polperro, plus lots of scope for walking, especially along the coast path which runs in either direction form the village.

It's a short ride to Eden from Polperro, takes about 35 minutes, take the right turn in St Blazey just after the level crossing, signposted for Bodelva and Luxulyan

Plenty of accommodation here

www.polperro.org

And some images of Polperro

flickr.com/photos/…

Edited: 6:42 am, April 09, 2012
Chesterfield...
Destination Expert
for Bodmin
Level Contributor
910 posts
55 reviews
6. Re: Best base near Eden Project

Alternatively, you could consider the Rock/Daymer Bay/Polzeath area on the north coast which to me sounds like the type of thing you're looking for. Relatively unspoiled, lovely beaches and plenty of great walks to be had.

Eden is about 45-50 mins away so very do-able for a day trip and you could combine your visit to Eden with a look at Charlestown near St Austell.

This is a good firm to try for self catering properties in the area - we've used them a lot ourselves in the past and our family and friends still use them as first choice:

http://www.johnbraycornishholidays.co.uk/

Also:

http://www.crwholidays.co.uk/

I don't think you'd be disappointed with the area which is lovely and less well known than the main tourist spots.

Edited: 1:39 pm, April 09, 2012
cheshire
Level Contributor
118 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Best base near Eden Project

...I too have been looking for the same type of accomodation as you and have found some lovely properties on -

Owners Direct England

Holiday lettings.co.uk

Cottages4you

If you want to be near the Eden Project then look for places near Meggavisey, Fowey, St Austell...but really nowhere is too far away when you have a car. Portleven is a lovely place as is St Ives and Carbis Bay.

After extensive research, I have found two great properties, both really close to the Eden Project and I cant decide between the two! I'm going the last week in May, when do you want to go? If our dates arn't conflicting I'll share my finds with you!!

cornwall
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Best base near Eden Project

Could also try harbour holidays for self catering cottages, they have some really nice ones in port issca, damer, polzeath and padstow.

If you have a car then none of these are too far from eden ( when saying that it is probably about 40mins or so, but living in cornwall anything less then an hour or so is close!!)

Like someone else said, the north coast area have lots of lovely walks and unspoilt areas x

9. Re: Best base near Eden Project

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, June 19, 2013