We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report

Cornwall trip report

Had a fantastic few day in Cornwall/Devon, we arrived into Bristol airport Thurs at 11am and were on road in 30 mins. Our first stop was Tintagel castle and I loved it, the views were amazing but a lot of steep steps. We paid I think 9 pounds for entry to castle ruins. There is a jeep service for 2 pounds that will bring you back up to the village if you are not up for the steep climb.

From here we went to Port Issacc for a quick look, lovely little place .

We spent our first night in padstow staying in The Old Ship right in centre. We just strolled around and had dinner and few drinks, pretty place with nice shops.

Friday morning we set off for Marazion , We parked in a field on left as you come to village, I think parking was around 4/5 pounds. We were able to walk across the causeway which was fab over to St Michaels Mount .This was one of my favourite spots, we paid 15 pounds for entrance to castle and gardens .Spent around 4 hrs here.

We then just had a quick walk around mousehole , really cute quiet place.

Our accommodation fro the next 2 nites was the Falmouth hotel, hotel is in beautiful spot .The town around 10 mins walk. Falmouth seemed quiet , it would not have been my favourite place but then I think I just like the smaller spots.

Sat we set off for St erth station for the train to St Ives. It was 4 pounds return and a lovely journey highly recommend. I absolutely love St Ives , I wished I was staying there. The Porthmeor Beach was amazing. I just loved wandering just the streets and in and out of shops.

Sunday we set off for Dartmouth , interesting drive down into the town!!! I really like it here, You can get a steam engine to Torquay in 30 mins and plenty of boat trips. We got the small car ferry over the water for 6 pounds and it saved us driving all around again .We headed for Torquay and I was impressed with the promenade, we did a short boat trip to Brixham and at the time the Air show was on in Paignton , we got a treat as the Red Arrows were on when we were out on water!!

We were flying out Monday morning so stayed at the airport Sunday nite in the Hilton (highly recommend) so we just drove to along the coast a bit and had dinner in The Ness in Shaldon.

I loved the few days away and we saw a lot, this was end of half term week but it did not seem too busy, I never had a problem with traffic or parking. The people were so friendly everywhere we went. One thing I was surprised with in place the grass in very over grown even on lovely spots where there are loading of benches to sit out there would be long grass ruining the view. All in all I will come back!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9gJVbVGWDMVaWRTJ7

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Devon
Devon
England, UK
Marazion
Marazion
Cornwall, UK
St. Michael's Mount
St. Michael's Mount
3,934 Reviews
Marazion, UK
The Falmouth Hotel
The Falmouth Hotel
1,278 Reviews
Falmouth, UK
Falmouth
Falmouth
Cornwall, UK
St Ives
St Ives
Cornwall, UK
Porthmeor Beach
Porthmeor Beach
1,012 Reviews
St Ives, UK
Dartmouth
Dartmouth
Devon, UK
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Brixham
Brixham
English Riviera, UK
Paignton
Paignton
English Riviera, UK
3 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Destination Expert
for Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
1,509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report

An excellent report and it sounded like you packed a fair bit in too.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report

Great report thank you

england
Level Contributor
6,375 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report

pic link doesnt work but apart from that a nice report.

The long grass is probably money saving but there has been a bit of an attempt to keep areas wild to benefit wildlife. Some areas of grass were sown with wildflowers, very good they looked too.

Reply to: Trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;