We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 18 holiday with dog

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
181 reviews
Sept 18 holiday with dog

Hi, we have been to Cornwall twice both times around the beautiful Kyance Cove , Lizard Cove and Lands end area.

We plan on returning in sept 18 for 1 week just myself , my wife and our little dog.

We are travelling from the Lake District so we're thinking the more northerly parts to cut down the 10hr travel.

We love beach and coastal walks and dog friendly pubs near to where we would stay,within 1mile.

A nice little town with places of interest to visit within a 30ish minute drive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks :-)

6 replies to this topic
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,639 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

I would look at Boscastle, it seems to have everything you want.

England, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

Hi, have a look at Padstow. Very dog friendly.

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
790 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

Or Tintagel just next door.

The village and beaches are very dog friendly and I think all the pubs and many restaurants/cafes allow dogs in.

Very often there are as many dogs as humans in the village from all parts of the world too!

Edited: 6:41 am, December 02, 2017
Level Contributor
13 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

Crantock/Holywell Bay Area - both NT, if you want large dog friendly beaches backed by vast area of heathland and dunes. Perranporth round the corner. Most towns are within 30min drive from here including st ives and Padstow. Most pubs are dog friendly ie smugglers den at Cubert. Hidden gem is Porth Joke beach for dogs, totally unspoilt. Lots of accommodation in the area where can can walk to these beaches across NT land/footpaths.

Looe, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
724 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

There is a brochure produced by visit cornwall called Dogs love Cornwall. it is free and lists not only accommodation but beaches, attractions etc. Try and avoid the first week 3-7th September as some schools are still on holiday then and prices will be more and availability less.

Cornwall, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Sept 18 holiday with dog

I think dogs are banned on some beaches until 1st October so have a look at this website for information as to where you can take your dog.

https:/…dog-friendly

Reply to: Sept 18 holiday with dog
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted