We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second visit

LANCS
Level Contributor
530 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Second visit

Just thought I would post a report about our recent visit last weekend. I booked a weekend break at The Mill and Spa Hotel on Milton Street as we had visited in February. The hotel upgraded us from a standard room to a Superior room so we were pleasantly surprised. These rooms are a lot bigger, the furniture is better and the bathrooms are nicer too. The location of the hotel is ideal as it is a short stroll to the city and the free parking is a bonus. Although the weather was raining we were still able to visit the shopping centre and walk along the city walls. We had a nice lunch at Katie's tea room and explored the city sights. Hubby likes a pint of real ale so we went in search of authentic pubs. We found the Albion but it was closed so we decided to visit another time. After shopping in the large department stores I picked up some real bargains. For our evening meal we found Ellie's bistro and I had vegetable lasagne whilst hubby had fish and chips. Later that night we strolled to the Brewer's tap for a drink and The Red Lion.

On Saturday the weather brightened up so we could go on the boat trip on the river Dee. We strolled to the Cathedral and walked the city walls again. The Albion was open so we had a drink and a look at the artefacts there.Our evening meal was a pub meal and we went in search of a few more pubs to visit. Later we found The Harker's Arms where we had a drink infront of the canal. We finished the evening in the Red Lion. Next time we visit I am determined to have an evening meal on The Mill cruise as it looked exciting as it sailed past! teddy

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second visit

Thank you for reporting back and glad you had an enjoyable visit to Chester

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Second visit

Thanks for this report. Chester is next on my list of places to visit.

3. Re: Second visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 11, 2014