We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Hi

i'm organsing a trip to chester in August for my friends stag do mainly because he wanted to go to the races but of course we will want to go out as well.

I'm reading mixed reviews about the night life so i wanted some advice on places to go or avoid.

There are around 12 of us going and we are all male aged between 28-35

Thanks

Alan

Chester
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Have a rethink, go to Manchester or Liverpool, chester is not really a stag destination

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
819 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

You can stay in Liverpool and still go to Chester Races.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Ignore the comments, Chester is great. There are many pubs to walk round, some better than others. They have the weatherspoons and Living Room and classier!! We went to Cruise and it was brilliant. http://www.cruisechester.com/ some great restaurants too. For a gang there are Tavel lodges 1 min from the Main Street!

wigan
Level Contributor
51 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Chester is very busy races nights so even more difficult for large groups to get into somewhere. If the weather holds pubs are best with many open til two and some later- the Marlborough and plumbers in particular. We head down lower bridge street on races nights to avoid some of the crowds and recommend, brewery taps, bear and billet, cross keys and over river there are four ok pubs in hand bridge. Otherwise stick to canal route and work along

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

Race nights are very, very busy. Also there are places in Chester that do not allow any groups that look as though they may be stag or hen.

Have you got accommodation already? For a group that size you may have a problem on a race weekend

In general the advice to go elsewhere shoud be seriously considered.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,152 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

My son was a barman in Chester and he would certainly recommend Liverpool for a stag or hen outing.

7. Re: Night out in Chester - advice wanted please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Chester