We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

Lee, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

Hi i fancy Chester for my hen do in Oct reason being is that we have been everywhere else (newcastle, liverpool, manchester etc) on other hen dos and i wanted somewhere a bit different.

Im not worried about the amount of bars or liveliness particularly as im sure we will make our own entertainment if needs be but i just wondered if we would have any trouble getting into bars and things? We will be a group of about 18 aged 27+ and can be quite loud/rowdy and of course will have all the typical fancy dress and hen do tat (yes tacky and predictable but i love it).

Is there a street or area that has the most bars? we love a bit of cheesy 80's or commercial stuff so hoping to find an area with a few bars close to each other that are similar, any ideas?

All thoughts are appreciated the tackier the better we dont really wanna be walking miles either would just like to fall from 1 bar to another if poss.

please help will chester be suitable???

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

To be honest I don't think Chester would be suitable. Whilst there are 2 night clubs and several bars there is not a particular "strip" or street. Some younger Cestrians and students may disagree with me but 'rowdy' and 'cheesy' are not adjectives that immediately spring to mind when thinking of Chester. You would almost certainly enjoy yourselves more in a bigger city such as the ones you have named. Far greater choice of bars and venues.

Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

From what you're saying your best bet would probably be forgate street area. They have the normal Lloyds bar (forest house), weatherspoons and revolution etc. Its not the classiest part of Chester but for a rowdy hen do would be perfect. If you want to go to a club later go to Rosies. They have a 90's floor and welcome hen parties. The other club in the city (cruise) will not let you in dressed in hen party gear. The other area of Chester with lots of bars is watergate street. Although you may struggle to get in a lot of places there with hen stuff on. Hope this helps :-)

Lee, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

Thanks 4 your replies and thanks Steph that is helpful revolutions and weatherspoons are always a good bet so we'll probably head for that end of town if we go. The only thing I was worried about was bars letting you in in fancy dress so that answers my question thanks.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

An ex barman from centre Chester that I know suggests Liverpool would be far better. As I think you will find on previous threads you might have trouble getting into some bars. Maybe worth contacting people who have asked this sort of question in the past what sort of experience they had.

LANCS
Level Contributor
544 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

When we went to Chester in 2011 for a hen do we only wore sashes and badges but most pubs stopped us going in wearing these. We had to leave the articles with the doormen and pick them up later when we left the pub. Our hen party were 8 girls in their twenties and 2 ladies in their fifties. The hotel we stayed at did not bother about our outfits but the pubs frowned upon it. Later the younger members went clubbing and that was fine. for the girls wearing the sashes etc. Teddy

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
855 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

Well don't think 'tack' as you love it , and why not , is for you in Chester as Wrexham is only 10 miles away and a lot of Liverpudlians come here for the club scene and loads of bars right by in the centre. Suggest you ask about this on TA 's Chester or Liverpool sites, as a better option , as those that have been here will sure be the best to advise on what you want . Go for it girls!

7. Re: chester hen night right for a rowdy group in fancy dress?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations