We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Hi,

I’m looking for recommendations for good lively bars and clubs in Chester. I’m part of a stag do visiting for 2 night’s end of March.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Revolution vodka bar on foregate street. Cruise nightclub st johns street. Rosies nightclub northgate street all close to each other and politic nightclub on watergate street row is open 11pm till 6am.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Marlborough Arms stays open late, or used to, and sometimes Off the Wall. Nowhere is far from anywhere else.

Chester
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Hi Alan,

My advice would be to have a rethink if you have not already booked, Chester is not really a stag destination, i.e a number of bars and late night places will all have door staff which typically will not allow large groups of blokes.

What is the age range, how many of you will there be? if you have already booked I will send you a suggested route for pubs

Newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Hi,

Yes we have already booked. I did actually think that my self as I’ve been to Chester a few of times as my partner used to go to Uni there, I also never really seen it as a stag party destination. But it has already been booked, there is actually loads of us approx 30 with a massive age range, mid 20’s to 60’s (should be interesting!). I’ve already said to a lot of the lads we’ll need to split up if we want to get in to a lot of places.

But yea any advice would be great.

Cheers

Newcastle
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

We are staying at the Premier Inn (City Centre) if that helps.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

Revolution is probably your first stop from Premier Inn. There is also a bar at Artichoke on the canal a bit up City Road from the Premier Inn which could be a good starting point. Maybe you can make contact first?

7. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, June 23, 2013
Cheshire
Level Contributor
327 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

"Bar Lounge on Watergate street is also a nice place, very stylish!"

They aren't to keen on letting in stag/hen parties though.

LANCS
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

When we went to Chester 2 years ago for a hen do, we were stopped from going into some bars because we were dressed up. We had to leave our sashes and hats at the door. When we came out of the bar we were given them back. I think they do this to stop any trouble with the hens and stags. I suggest you just dress normally and go into the bars and clubs quietly and there won't be any problems. Teddy

Chester
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lively Bars for Stag Party?

That is funny, imagine turning up at Bar Lounge!

Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations