We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To stay in the city or not ?

Which Chester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
135 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
To stay in the city or not ?

As a family of 4 ( 2 adults and an 11 and 15 years) I was wondering does anyone have any suggestion/recommendation for accommodation and dinner. We will be there in early October and as we will have only a day or two I would like somewhere nice and to make the most our time there. We will have a car.

Thank you

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: To stay in the city or not ?

Me again, have just read thru' the reviews...yes it does mention noise, but that could be a small "trade off", for the other plus sides. You know what you require from this break......good luck.,

Sydney
Level Contributor
135 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: To stay in the city or not ?

I think I will book the Chester Guest House?. It is GBP109 compared to GBP149 +5 for the Commercial + parking, and as we will be away for 6 weeks as a family, it is getting alittle too expensive at that price. We don't mind walking as it is about a 15 -20 minute walk into the city.

I would have preferred to be in the city, but sometimes you can't have everything.

Thanks everyone. You have been very helpful and I'm looking foward to visiting Chester.

If you have any recommendations for a nice meal that serves fresh, good, casual food and a lovely spot please let me know.

Catherine

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: To stay in the city or not ?

Hope your trip goes well, maybe you could call into the Commercial when in Chester and see why we mentioned it? In St Peter's Churchyard behind the church at the Cross.

There are lots of 'chain' restaurants in Chester which are reasonably priced but in nearly all case the food is not completely prepared on site.

We always find Moules a gogo (not only moules on menu) in Watergate Row reliable with a good menu.

A lovely spot? Try going out of town to say the Pant Yr Ochain or other Brunning and Price pubs in the area. They have the Old Harkers Bar on the Canal under City Road in the city, they are worth visiting.

Have a great trip!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: To stay in the city or not ?

Forgot about Restaurant 1539 at the Race Course, lovely food and a great outlook and a new terrace - if there isn't a race meeting going on there are usually very good lunch deals. Recommended.

15. Re: To stay in the city or not ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 am, June 04, 2012