We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Belle Epoque

Knutsford
2 posts
Save Topic
La Belle Epoque

I'm planning my wedding and am quite taken with La Belle Epoque in Knutsford. It's a beautifully decorated, unusual place with a great menu. Outdoor space is tight, but it seems reasonably priced and only caters for one wedding a day. Does anyone else have experience of getting married or attending a wedding at this venue that they can tell me about?

altrincham
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Belle Epoque

Hi i just went to visit Belle Epoque last week for my wedding venue. I am getting married in May so had difficulty getting the date that i wanted at such short notice. I thought the pricing seem quite steep and the venue itself was lovely but unfotunately not very practical for older members of the family and children. they reckoned a minimum spend of £7500 for a Saturday night. They also only have about 7/8 rooms for staying guests which put me off . I personally think its lovely for a birthday/Christening or a smaller event but i was looking at about 150 people so have deicded on Cottons. They are extremely reasonably priced and offer a great package. It really depends on what you are looking for though - it just didnt suit me.

Manchester
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: La Belle Epoque

I got married at the Belle Epoque in April and it was superb. I couldn't reccomend it enough. If you want a 'package' don't go to the belle epoque, it was individual, unique and the service was fantastic throughout the day.

We chose the music, deisgned our menu, matched wine etc... As in most things in life, you get what you pay for.

The wedding co-ordinator and service we received was excellent.

Yes, it is small and outside space is limited but that's what makes it unique and cosy.

It rained on our day and we didn't use the outside much anyway, but the Belle Epoque were very accomodating, and we decorated the garden just in case anyway.

All our guests commented on how superb it was, and how lovely the day was. Even just using the indoor spaces was adequate.

One thing I would also say is that all the staff were very professional and well trained. I've been to weddings where the staff were all young teenagers, surly and not very professional.

We also got married there, and the ceremony was very intimate and special.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Belle Epoque

I got married two weeks ago and went to have a look at this place as a possible contender.

We decided against however for a few reasons. The minimum spend was something ridiculous (cant quite remember how much). you had to have a pre approved band i.e one of theres (no DJ), The so called wedding co ordinator was totally unhelpful and when we called to enquire she never returned our calls. We even had a meal here to check on the food, this was distinctly average. Its a shame the place looks excellent, but the staff were boardering on the incompetent.

We chose the Alderley edge hotel instead, which was superb, food excellent staff were amazingly helpful,, loads of rooms for your guests. Very elegant without being pretentious.

Wilmslow
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Belle Epoque

I disagree with these comments.

My partner and myself loved our wedding at the Belle. We loved the venue and thought the minimum spend was reasonable for exclusivity of the whole venue.

We thought the wedding co-ordinator was lovely and would highly recommend her. She was very helpful and was always there to help us when we needed it.

I would note that when hiring only part of the venue you must have recommended bands as there are other diners, but when hiring the whole venue, Belle Epoque is very flexible and accommodating and allows any band or DJ of your choice.

There are 6 hotel rooms and we have stayed there a couple of times before our wedding, B&B, on either side of the venue and we cant fault them at all.

Please read other reviews for this venue. Other reviews recommend it highly.

Wilmslow
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Belle Epoque

I disagree with these comments.

My partner and myself loved our wedding at the Belle. We loved the venue and thought the minimum spend was reasonable for exclusivity of the whole venue.

We thought the wedding co-ordinator was lovely and would highly recommend her. She was very helpful and was always there to help us when we needed it.

I would note that when hiring only part of the venue you must have recommended bands as there are other diners, but when hiring the whole venue, Belle Epoque is very flexible and accommodating and allows any band or DJ of your choice.

There are 6 hotel rooms and we have stayed there a couple of times before our wedding, B&B, on either side of the venue and we cant fault them at all.

Please read other reviews for this venue. Other reviews recommend it highly.

Knutsford
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La Belle Epoque

Hello. Thanks for all your comments. It's helpful to get all sides of the story. We've finally chosen the Belle Epoque - it was the only place that really felt like us, and we've seen a lot! I love the idea of decorating the outside area Chrissyboy. How did you do it? I'd also love to know which photographers you and Sarah used, and what music you went for. Susiebet x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Belle Epoque

SarahDoherty

In response your comments

"Please read other reviews for this venue. Other reviews recommend it highly".

3 out of 5 stars and 6th out of seven hotels say they dont rate it highly.

8. Re: La Belle Epoque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 27, 2009